golden_child

HK Amp Replacement-Car Audio Shops

Does anyone know of a good audio shop that would replace my HK set-up? Run new wires etc. The HK amp has died and I'm well out of warranty by 5 years and 100,000 miles. Finding a used one seems to be a crap shoot and I'm not spending $1000 on a new HK amp from the dealer. For that type of money I should be able to get a whole new, more advanced set-up than the current HK.

thanks

I see you have a First Gen, right? You have better options then the second gens.

My car has an aftermarket Pioneer system that came with it. I wish I knew a good sound place because I just went to Best Buy, and honestly my Sirius has had issues and I need to bring it back AGAIN to have them fix it.

I'll be watching to see who has suggestions for this.

Ali

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Yeah, a definite downside to the factory H/K in 1st Gens. Those replacement amps aren't cheap. :frown:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Yeah, a definite downside to the factory H/K in 1st Gens. Those replacement amps aren't cheap. :frown:

IO know. I should have picked up your HK system after you swapped your out. Hind Sight sux.

If you don't find any other solution I might be willing to loan you my extra one, but I don't want to sell it as long as I have my present H/K equipped R53.

I appreciate the offer. But I'll probably just keep an eye out for one. If you end up getting rid of you R53 hit me up. I'd buy your spare HK.

IO know. I should have picked up your HK system after you swapped your out. Hind Sight sux.
I still have it... but I still want to sell it as a set (including speakers and speaker grills). I just haven't bothered to put it up for sale again. :)

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

How much are you looking for?
I just replied to your PM. :smile:

The HK amp has some special crap that... well... makes it special :laugh:

Also, the speakers are 2 ohm, dual voice coil I believe, (or is that the DPSM - Edge can clarify)

Crutchfield? It's a little bit of a drive down there but they are very good at what they do.

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com