cmcveay

Revolution Motorworks (RMW) tuning day at Mach V

We have a greyhound event that entire weekend.

HOWEVER - if someone will take care of Nigel for me, I'm in.

Hey Jim, Did you find someone to take Nigel to the tune :questionmark:

I would love to help but taking time off on Friday would be tough and I have a charity sporting clay event most of the day on Saturday.

Likewise, I would like to help you Jim... but I can't help on Friday. If you manage to get the last Saturday slot (that just opened up today), I may be able to take Nigel for you!

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Since you have a 1st Gen, you'll probably want a demo from another 1st Gen. I'll be happy to do that for you.

many thanks, and yeah I'm stock until around mid june, then i'll drop some coin into it!

06' MCS Chilli Red... K&N PF

I just sent a reminder to a friend who I know at one point was interested in a tune for his MINI, and possibly his wife's Clubman as well. Just trying to help you guys make your quota!

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

Edit:

Would love to do this, however, I have a new CAI coming in a couple weeks, and am close to pulling the trigger on a 15% pulley, so it would not be a good idea to pay for a tune now just to throw it way off with a CAI and pulley update.

Next time around!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well my tune is done and I am very pleased with the results :rock:

As a comparison to other 1st Gens, I have the 15% pulley, the JCW intake and the JCW exhaust.

My baseline run was 179.77 whp and 162.21 torque.

After Jan's magic my final totals were 192.08 whp and 163.29 torque.

The car now pulls much harder and is pretty smooth :top:

Well worth the money.

2012 Jeep Rubicon

My baseline run was 179.77 whp and 162.21 torque.

After Jan's magic my final totals were 192.08 whp and 163.29 torque.

A gain of over 12hp, yet only a gain of 1 lb/ft torque? That's a strange set of numbers - glad you are happy though! :biggrin:

On the 4th run the figures were 190.52 whp and 167.42 torque. Jan said the 5th run was just after it and it was running much warmer.

Not being a total engine geek I am not sure why the torque gain wasn't more.

Edited by Brian0758

2012 Jeep Rubicon

Let's hope he comes back sooner than a year!!

next year I'm getting Tigger in there. Tigger wants a tune!!

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

Just got back from mach v where the tune was done.

09 mcs stock except air filter,13k miles

baseline 168 hp 187 torque

after tune 205 hp 238 torque :rock::motor:

Wow! Almost 40 hp and almost 50 torque? Thats pretty amazing...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wow! Almost 40 hp and almost 50 torque? Thats pretty amazing...

Yup! My jaw hit the floor when I saw the graph on the second run.

Alas, all I got was a diagnosis of a gasket leak somewhere around the supercharger. Jan couldn't figure out why I was still running lean with the 380 injectors until we got a can of brake fluid out and started looking for a leak. Sure enough...:banghead:

I was surprised by what you 2nd gen guys were getting with a stock MINI :biggrin:

My 05 with pulley, exhaust & intake ending up with 192 whp, which I am very please with :rock:

I can tell the car pulls harder once I am about 3K :top:

2012 Jeep Rubicon

Just got back from mach v where the tune was done.

09 mcs stock except air filter,13k miles

baseline 168 hp 187 torque

after tune 205 hp 238 torque :rock::motor:

I figure when Jan has some more data on the JCW engines he might be able to get a wee bit more out of them :wink: But with the JCW CAI (that's not a true open-breather like some others) that could be part of my numbers.

Jim - I haven't been able to confirm this but from what I've read, the JCW engines actually have a lower compression ratio than the "S" but a slightly larger (internally) turbo. That allows the JCW to make more boost pressure and it's "safer". I have read posts from folks who have put a JCW turbo on an "S" since it's a direct swap externally and with a re-tuned ECU, they put down some great numbers. Alta is advertising an upgraded turbo, it's an OEM housing with a larger, forged aluminum wheel and it gives more boost over a longer curve than the "S" or JCW turbo. Nothing firm on the price yet though.

I'm pretty sure Jan has seen enough 2nd Gen JCW's to have it down and since you got your tune on the dyno, he was able to tweak it so you get the best there is for the set up.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold