TGGRRR (Ali)

DIY Mechanics

Craig and I just checked out the do it yourself mechanics place in Sterling

It was great ! Really clean, good equipment. The owner is really helpful.

For example when we discovered I only had 1 rotor he called Advance auto parts and got us a rotor in 15 mins.

I also had one rotor that did not want to loosen. He had everything Craig asked for.

We ran into Kevin another club member while we were there. He has a silver MINI with red stripes

Ed the owner said they have hosted car club events and would host us if we want to do something.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

+1 on the DIY shop!

The tools are all first rate (mostly Craftsman) and the equipment in the shop is top notch. They do have everything you need for MINI oil changes, tires (change, balance (low profile and run flats)), A/C servicing. The shop is super, super clean as well. I felt bad laying on the floor to do something as I left a bit of "grime" on the floor where I was laying!

Ed carries B-12 chemicals and they have their own version of Sea Foam. He's got an outside area and he has no problem with folks doing a "carbon flush" on their engine as long as it's outside of the building.

The shop is also less than a 1/4 mile from Mach V if you decided to buy parts and you just can't wait to put 'em on your ride!

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

I am so glad you all were impressed with the DIY shop :rock: I met Ed many years ago in the construction business and he is definitely a good guy. I took a tour of the shop a few weeks ago and was very impressed by the facilities :congrats:

I will be there in a week or so to do my brakes, rotors and new brake lines :motor: See ya soon, Brian

PS Ali, did you get the stuff for the Rally?

2012 Jeep Rubicon

I asked him about the stuff for the rally but he said he was planning to give it to you next time he sees you.

He is a really nice guy and on top of everything. Tigger chose to give Craig a few problems and Ed was right there with the right tool to get the job done.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Oh wow, I'm thrilled to hear about this place - I was just thinking to myself that I wanted to do an oil change soon and was waffling between finding a driveway/garage and paying to have it done.

I should get my suspension parts in line and then con Craig into helping me do the work out there ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

At the diy tech session with Keith last Saturday someone mentioned that Do It Yourself Mechanics in Sterling was closing. They are no longer answering their phone, so this may have already happened. Sad. Was a really great facility.

JAB 67

Fairfax, VA

2004 MCS, PW/B

That sucks they closed, a real shame! especially when Winter comes and we have to freeze our fingers off working on our MINIs :frown:

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com