mistertripps

mistertripps and MINImum

Just wanted to stop in and let everyone know I made it home to Atlanta safe and sound with a packed MCS! I've actually been back for nearly two weeks, but I am still trying to get settled back in to life as it was before I moved to DC nearly a year ago.

Our subscription to the site expires on the 31st, so we probably won't post much on the forum anymore, but we will keep an eye out for interesting events as I will still be traveling back up to the area from time to time.

As I have said before, we definitely want to come back for the HR Falls Colors Run, especially now that it is a joint DCMM event! We also want to come back for the next lap around the beltway and make that a yearly trip if we can.

Thanks again for having us since Stanley came into my life back in July and Carmen joined the family in September. We've really enjoyed the DC, Virginia and Maryland crew!

Stanley - 2006 MINI Cooper S

Carmen - 2008 MINI Clubman S - The LEGO MINI

Take care and I hope to see you up this way sometime soon! :wavey::itsme:

I need to show this thread to my family... I'm heading down to Atlanta (Newnan actually) in May for a looong weekend and nobody wants to drive in the MINI that far!

Take care,

Mike

2009 MINI Cooper S Clubman

I've made the trip several times in my MINI and Cindy has driven the Clubby back and forth a couple of times. If you plan it right, you can even take a slight detour and hit the Dragon. It will cost you a couple of hours, but isn't the Dragon worth that?

Thought you guys might like to see my latest modifications.

Headlight and tail light film, blacked out side scuttles and gas cap with plasti-dip. Just have to change out the COOPER badge and do something with the door handles and I'm done!

IMG_1459.jpg

IMG_1462.jpg

IMG_1460.jpg

IMG_1461.jpg

IMG_1463.jpg

Tim,

Nice job! Are you taking either/both of them to MOTD this year? Mike from AC will be there and he might be able to get you a pair of the MINI badge covers in time for that! Here's a picture of the new lights in my side scuttles. LED's with no "bulb out" light, they flash amber and are nice and bright. The "S" on my side scuttles will be getting cleaned up in the near future as they look a little "rough" right now.

Craig

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Thanks guys!

@Craig - we are hoping to come up to MOTD, even if just for the day. Not sure which car we will be driving if not both. Those lights are cool - where did you get them? And, actually, I am going to leave the badge emblems alone. I just want to black out the COOPER letters. Fortunately, the S on my side scuttles comes off, so I was able to black out the scuttle and leave it alone. Cindy's is just like yours and I haven't figured out how I am going to deal with it yet. Hope to see you guys in May - where are you staying?

Looking real nice! Enjoying the slightly warmer weather down there now as well, I bet! :top:

I'm flying down to Atlanta in May, but going back down over Labor Day weekend for DragonCon with my son...Driving that time! :motor:

2009 MINI Cooper S Clubman

Tim,

They came from GearJammin Accessories. I actually found them on Ebay.

I also found a set of black mirror caps and put them on today. We've had a couple of days of sunshine so I washed both cars and ran the cleaner/polish over them yesterday and I made it out today to actually wax Kooper for the first time in months! I'll have to wax Lona's car if I'm not careful... Here's a picture for you.

Hope to see you guys up there. Looks like a good size group from up here coming down that way!

Craig

Edited by cmcveay

By the way, we are definitely coming to MOTD8. Got reservations yesterday in Cherokee and we are bringing both cars, at least to some of the festivities. We signed up for Indi's run to Pigeon Forge and also the Ice Cream Run on Saturday. Hope to see a lot of our DCMM friends while we are there!

:rock:

Tim,

I like it! I'll take a picture of one more piece of vinyl that would be awesome for you and I'll send it. Nope, I won't give it away, I'll just put it out there for you to see.

Here's a picture of Kooper and other than a potential hood scoop change, I'm pretty sure I'm done.

Look forward to seeing both cars at MOTD!

Craig

Tim,

I like it! I'll take a picture of one more piece of vinyl that would be awesome for you and I'll send it. Nope, I won't give it away, I'll just put it out there for you to see.

Here's a picture of Kooper and other than a potential hood scoop change, I'm pretty sure I'm done.

Look forward to seeing both cars at MOTD!

Craig

Hmmm. Now you have my interest up. Kooper looks great!

For those of you who won't be at the Dragon to see it in person, I thought you might like to see what we have done with the Clubby. It was Cindy's idea, but like a good husband, I did most of the detail work. As you can imagine, we get lots of looks, especially from kids!

IMG_1866.jpg

IMG_1867.jpg

IMG_1868.jpg

IMG_1869.jpg

IMG_1870.jpg

IMG_1871.jpg

Now THAT is very cool. Nice job! :top: What did you use for the lego bumps?

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Thanks all! The bumps (or studs in LEGO talk) are test caps from the plumbing aisle at Lowes. We spray painted them with automotive paint and clear coat, then attached them with the same automotive tape used to attach badges to the rear of the car. The rest is just pinstripe.

Can't wait to see you guys in Fontana!