Mach V Dan

Mach V Special of the Month: November-December 2009

What with the SEMA show and our annual Mach V Track Day, I didn't get around to the November special until now. So, this one will last through December too.

R53beforeafter.jpg

Our special this time is our ever-popular LED interior lighting. Through the end of the year, enter coupon code "gimmeleds" and get 20% off any of the LED panels or kits we sell for the MINI.

Interiorblue.jpg

LED interior lighting -- click me!

Click the link above for pricing and ordering.

--Dan

Mach V

FastMINI.net

Hi Dan,

I like the look of the overhead LED light replacement; the others that come in the kit (mentioned on your site) sound like they replace the ambient (orange) lighting all around the interior, which matches the dash lighting. I like those as they are (think they're sexy :smile:) and wouldn't want to change those out. The site also mentions they come in bright white, blue & red, and the pic you have on the site features blue, which really looks good. Any chance these lights would be available in purple in the future? I could be convinced 2 switch out the orange in favor of purple. :smile:

Thanks!

image.php?u=25&type=sigpic&dateline=1424

'scuuuuze me while I kiss the sky ~ Jimi

Hi Violet,

They do NOT replace the color-selectable ambient lighting. (You do know there's a switch to change that orange lighting to whatever color you want, right?) They replace the puddle lamps, footwell lamps, map lights, glove box lamps, and dome lamp.

Sorry, purple is probably not going to be an option for our kits.

--Dan

Mach V

FastMINI.net

They do NOT replace the color-selectable ambient lighting. (You do know there's a switch to change that orange lighting to whatever color you want, right?)
Yeah but that's only on 2nd Gens... and unfortunately it doesn't change the dash lighting. I always thought that was silly - why did MINI make the lighting colors selectable but not include the orange dash lighting in the option? :frown:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

:eek:

Hi Violet,

They do NOT replace the color-selectable ambient lighting. (You do know there's a switch to change that orange lighting to whatever color you want, right?) They replace the puddle lamps, footwell lamps, map lights, glove box lamps, and dome lamp.

Sorry, purple is probably not going to be an option for our kits.

--Dan

Mach V

FastMINI.net

GET OUT OF HERE! U can change the lighting?!? I didn't know that! Where's the switch (I only knew about changing the intensity/brightness of the lighting!) in my MCS? Shame no purple will be available, but thanks 4 the info!

image.php?u=25&type=sigpic&dateline=1424

'scuuuuze me while I kiss the sky ~ Jimi

I ordered the led's for my 09 mcs....just swapped out the dome light. When i figure out how to do the rest of the leds i'll post some pics. This is just from swapping out the dome tonight. DSC00963.jpg

I doubt the claims of 4 times brighter but we will see when i am done with the rest of the change out.

Just figured out how to do the footwells on the driver and passenger side. If you just remove the plastic covers you need patience and a steady hand.

DSC00964.jpg

Unless you dissassemble more, tweezers or a pair of small needle nose will make pulling the stock bulbs out easier.

There are some different shaped bulbs but they all seem to share the same connection. I tried installing the bulbs for the map lights...they light up when you first put them in but when you drive it home(push it all the way in they are no longer illuminated. I tried plugging it in both ways to no avail. Am I using the wrong bulbs?

There are some different shaped bulbs but they all seem to share the same connection. I tried installing the bulbs for the map lights...they light up when you first put them in but when you drive it home(push it all the way in they are no longer illuminated. I tried plugging it in both ways to no avail. Am I using the wrong bulbs?

I too received the full bulb pack and got the overhead dome light done quickly and easily. Love it!

I was able to pry out the under-door light casing easily, but got nervous and put it back in. Now, with your recommendation to use tweezer/needle nose pliers I'll try to swap that tonight. I also found that the cover for the light in the driver foot-well above gas/brake/clutch peddle comes off easily but man...how to get the bulb out without breaking it...stumped.

Lastly, any tips on how to get the map light covers for the driver and passenger off without breaking?

A perfect birthday present! Cannot wait to get this done and be blue inside to match the outside.

"Skylar" -2009 JCW Hard Top. See my Mondo-Minis page for more.

I haven't done the footwells or rear doors (Clubman) yet. Oh and I'm not replacing the glove box light and instead using that bulb in the club door since that bulb is not included in the set.

I found the overhead dome to be the easiest then the door/puddle lights. The map light covers are a bit of a pain but try wiggling it a bit until it pops out. The bulbs in there are what I found to be the biggest pain...

Good luck and post some pics up when you're done!

2009 MINI Cooper S Clubman

Ok, got them all installed. I'm very happy with how it looks! I've pasted pictures on my Mondo mini page, but my camera isn't that great in low-light so they are what they are. Here is a direct link to the album.

I'll attach my favorites too.

The install went fine after the encouragement from you all, and Dan on how to get the map light lenses off. The lenses are very soft plastic so cleaning them before re-installing them needs to be done with a soft cloth or micro-fiber.

The dome light even has a bluish tint to it so everything looks nice together.

-Randy

59cedb5fb27cf_Backseatblue.jpg.d1e18c3d4790cfd5e398582eac80a791.jpg

59cedb5fa6c4b_OpenDoortoBlue.jpg.70a85f6198e96aae70cc34c8eb1c43a9.jpg

59cedb5fb27cf_Backseatblue.jpg.d1e18c3d4790cfd5e398582eac80a791.jpg

59cedb5fa6c4b_OpenDoortoBlue.jpg.70a85f6198e96aae70cc34c8eb1c43a9.jpg

"Skylar" -2009 JCW Hard Top. See my Mondo-Minis page for more.