SCH

Repair Recommendations

My Mini was hit and run this morning outside my house on a street in Frederick. Luckily only broke my driver’s side mirror - broke cover off and broke up mirror frame some. Didn’t find it until I went out to leave for an appointment. D44811FD-48BC-4F38-8082-4ACAF34BCC51.thumb.jpeg.ce13bb6ec1e42791c3d3e4f91db80e13.jpegD05F6D59-9501-47A0-B114-ADCC9C09865F.thumb.jpeg.590d5891b0ea6171776f025aafe2ccfa.jpeg2B51420A-9E8B-4654-A583-7BB9ED0EEEF4.thumb.jpeg.e1aa79867d38e3ecb2787e2f50d2cf71.jpegThe entire until will probably need to be replaced. And may wind up being out of pocket or impact my insurance since it was hit and run. Any recommendations on where to take it for repairs?  

4DB05059-FAF8-479A-91D1-CF2A84993C85.jpeg

Susan, Sorry to here. At least the only got the mirror and not any body work. Any mechanics shop can replace the mirror since no body work is required. Not to sound like a broken record, but GTPeace is a good place to call. Sorry, I forgot exactly where you are their shop is in Chantilly. 

They can order the replacement and install. I am pretty sure the will just need to pop the interior door panel and undo the bolt that holds the mirror housing on. I have not been in the inner workings of a Gen3 yet. All-in I would guess under $500 depends on the cost of the replacement part.

Unfortunately Gen3's are not in the pick a parts yet, or we could pull you a replacement.

DO you have heated mirror, I thing thats whats hanging, but wanted to confirm

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

On 2/20/2022 at 8:47 AM, 1975_mini said:

Susan, Sorry to here. At least the only got the mirror and not any body work. Any mechanics shop can replace the mirror since no body work is required. Not to sound like a broken record, but GTPeace is a good place to call. Sorry, I forgot exactly where you are their shop is in Chantilly. 

They can order the replacement and install. I am pretty sure the will just need to pop the interior door panel and undo the bolt that holds the mirror housing on. I have not been in the inner workings of a Gen3 yet. All-in I would guess under $500 depends on the cost of the replacement part.

Unfortunately Gen3's are not in the pick a parts yet, or we could pull you a replacement.

DO you have heated mirror, I thing thats whats hanging, but wanted to confirm

Thanks for the info.  Don't believe the mirrors are heated.  I do know the part that is hanging is what displays the Mini logo on the ground at night as I go to unlock the car door.