CHILLIN

Coilovers

11 minutes ago, CHILLIN said:

Johnny has a strut that's starting to leak. I'm thinking about upgrading to coilovers. Does anyone have any recommendations?

You have the upgraded JCW suspension, those are really good springs, keeping your springs and replacing the stunts with koni yellows is a very cost effective and great handling solution. This does not let you adjust ride height it would be what you have now. This is the setup that Colin has run for years, if that helps rate the handling.

If you want to adjust ride height then go with an adjustable coil over setup KW has a few variants depending on how much adjustability you want. 

Happy to talk more about it at the meeting.

• Thanks 1

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

I would recommend KW if you want coilovers.  1975 mini has good advice. I would include Bilstein along with the Koni yellows. Don't get too concerned about the adjustments. Unless you get very expensive ones the adjustment is not progressive and the good manufacturers give you good damping to go with the springs.   

I realize this is an old thread, but I'm curious what you decided to do!  I think I would have contact Pelican Parts about replacing your struts, as a set, with a comparable replacement. As said above, your JCW setup really is nice out of the box.

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com