mistertripps

Alta CAI for Clubman R55

I've searched and can't find an answer for this one. Can you recommend which CAI I should order for my wife's 08 Clubman S A/T? I can't tell if there is a difference for the Manual vs. Auto for the R55 and from the ALTA website it appears that the same intake works for the R55 and R56. Correct?

ALTA has 20% off sale this weekend, so I'm grabbing a CAI for her car and mine.

Stanley - 2006 MINI Cooper S

Carmen - 2008 MINI Clubman S - The LEGO MINI

We have the ALTA CAI on our Clubman, and it's the same as the one we put on the kids 07 MCS. Makes great noise and gives you a seat of the pants feel on acceleration too!

Awesome! My wife is so excited to hear the difference it makes on her car. What other mods have you done to the Clubby?

Awesome! My wife is so excited to hear the difference it makes on her car. What other mods have you done to the Clubby?

as of right now, that's it. I have a set of springs at the shop waiting to go on once I get off my butt and order a set of Hotchkis lower control arms. The Kids MCS has the ALTA CAI and their Cat back exhaust. I will be getting one for the Clubbie in the near future. His car definitely pulls harder than ours. I know he's lighter, but that shouldn't make that much of a difference. It's gotta be the exhaust.

Made it home around midnight last night safe and sound. We've spent most of the day working on the cars. Both CAIs are installed and seem to be functioning properly - my first major mechanical mod done on my own. The R53 was a pain, but the R55 was fairly simple and straightforward. Cindy finished painting her chrome and is working on my black-outs now. STDs installed on both cars along with a few cosmetic additions.

Pictures to follow most likely when I get back to DC!