TGGRRR (Ali)

Manassas Christmas Parade 2016

You could easily create the lip of the wagon by slaloming open a few pool noodles, plastidip red, then slide over the lip to create the rolled edge. Another pool noodle plastidip per black could create a handle on the front. Cut out the graphic out of paper or vinyl, maybe reach out to Laura (green cactus) she will cut them at a good price. If you do vinyl your MINI can be a little red wagon all season long not just the parade. :top:

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

OK we have 7 cars in the parade which is awesome.

Hopefully all or most of you can come to the prep party this coming Sunday afternoon.

Doubting I will be able to make the prep party. I'll be driving Phineus back from a weekend with my parents in Pittsburgh. As an FYI, I am decorating him as a jack-in-the-box for the parade.

image.php?u=179&type=sigpic&dateline=140

If you are not planning to meet at PTuning please post here. It's a lot easier to all caravan to the start location but if you can't make the time we need to know so we aren't waiting or wondering if we should head over

For the new people

We meet at PTuning

Then caravan about 5 minutes to the start location where we line up for the parade. We'll have about 2 hours there to set up our cars. We stage near the bowling alley which has food warmth and bathrooms

The organizers will tell us when to roll but you want to be near the cars once it's near parade time.

Please bring stuff to decorate your MINI

Various forms of tape, quick detailing products, snacks, clips, scissors, rope etc. You never know what you're going to have to figure out at the last minute.

We'll all help each other to get the costumes together

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I just picked up 100 MINI candy canes for $3.18 at Family Dollar (figure that one out). Let me know if I should get more, but they're the weird flavors of cherry, blueberry and bubblegum, in addition to peppermint.

What a deal!!!

I also have some little toy cars and bubbles that we can pass out

And Hershey Christmas hugs

Tggrrr010.jpg

I didn't see any notes on music anywhere - did you guys coordinate tunes in previous years? Since I'll be driving with the top down, I figured I should be playing some sort of holiday music instead of pit bull/megan trainor :-). Not sure if we would all want to play the same song over and over or pick 2-3? I have some small USBs that I can load up with the same playlist if we want to coordinate.

2011 Spice Orange Cabrio - embracing the chrome!

I didn't see any notes on music anywhere - did you guys coordinate tunes in previous years? Since I'll be driving with the top down, I figured I should be playing some sort of holiday music instead of pit bull/megan trainor :-). Not sure if we would all want to play the same song over and over or pick 2-3? I have some small USBs that I can load up with the same playlist if we want to coordinate.

We've never coordinated music before. I was planning to play a train whistle since River is a train. I don't know if I can handle Christmas music that long. It falls behind Country in my list of music that makes me crazy. But others might want to

Tggrrr010.jpg

We've never coordinated music before. I was planning to play a train whistle since River is a train. I don't know if I can handle Christmas music that long. It falls behind Country in my list of music that makes me crazy. But others might want to

I actually have the soundtrack to Burl Ives Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer (the one with the island of misfit toys) so I can make a playlist from that and make USB copies for anyone that thinks they can tough it out for the length of the parade! (Or at least for the short part where we drive past the judges.)

I actually have the soundtrack to Burl Ives Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer (the one with the island of misfit toys) so I can make a playlist from that and make USB copies for anyone that thinks they can tough it out for the length of the parade! (Or at least for the short part where we drive past the judges.)

Oh - and i'll make sure that whatever copies i make are "legal" for me to share before i do. Have to make sure i stay off the "naughty" list.

There's only one Christmas song that doesn't make me want to rip my eyeballs out and it's Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer :biggrin:

I'm happy to play that!!!! Any version even

I don't think we have to worry about copyright since we aren't being recorded

Tggrrr010.jpg

I am taking the Batmobile to get it washed and waxed tomorrow and do a dry run of all my props and costumes and such.

I let time slip away from me but thankfully my friend reminded me of the date so we are totally ready.

Steve "Wizzer" P.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]2009 MINI Clubman S R55 "BATTPODD"

I am taking the Batmobile to get it washed and waxed tomorrow and do a dry run of all my props and costumes and such.

I let time slip away from me but thankfully my friend reminded me of the date so we are totally ready.

I was going to message you today to be safe. Are you meeting us at PTuning at 7:30?

Don't forget some mini candy canes to hand out to the crowd

Tggrrr010.jpg

I was going to message you today to be safe. Are you meeting us at PTuning at 7:30?

Don't forget some mini candy canes to hand out to the crowd

I'll pick up a few bags tomorrow.

Yeah I can meet there at 7(shudder):30 am

#soearly

Steve "Wizzer" P.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]2009 MINI Clubman S R55 "BATTPODD"

Our third year was another fun success. I took a short video and put it on our FB page of all of the MINIs ready to go

I think next year we need MORE CANDY to hand out. So many people!!!!

We got a lot of fun comments and laughs! It was a festive time

Tggrrr010.jpg

Sigh

Third place

Vehicle Group

1. Northern Virginia Jeepers Association

2. Manassas (HOG) Harley Owner’s Group

3. DC Metro Minis

Since it seems to be the trend these days...

IT'S RIGGED! IT'S RIGGED! :hmpf::motz:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129