MELO-R56

DC Night Run

Date: August 20th, 2016

Idea: A fun night run through some of the monuments and sights of DC.

Start: Meet at Chipotle on Route 7 in Tyson's Corner, VA at 6:30 pm for a mellow dinner. Huge parking lot with plenty of parking.

Chipotle Mexican Grill

8461 Leesburg Pike

Roll out: 8 pm. We will roll into DC from the scenic George Washington Memorial Parkway with a few stops along the way including Gravelly Point airport park and the Capital Building. Taking in the sights we will pass some of the other monuments before finishing the night off at the Tastee 29 Diner in Fairfax, VA.

http://29diner.com

Approximate drive time: 2 hours

I'm thinking that a limit of 15 cars due to the fact it's night time and considering some of DC's traffic lights.

I did a dry run, and the route has been dialed in. I will have route sheets for those who need them.

Be sure to bring your walkie-talkies!

IF IT'S RAINING, I WILL CANCEL! Not much fun driving through the city at night in the rain. Adds another layer of challenge to the ride that I'd like to avoid.

Hope to see you there!

2009 Mellow Yellow MCS, JCW Aero Package, JCW intake, JCW Steering Wheel, NM Engineering strut tower brace, Nvidia Q300 Cat Back Exhaust, ST XTA Coilovers, Madness Motorworks 22mm Adjustable Rear Sway Bar, GP2 Rear Diffuser, Powerflex front control arm bushings, R112 Black Challenge Wheels, Bridgestone Potenza Tires

I have no problem sweeping.

Sounds like fun! Can you park 15 cars at Tastee 29? Denny's for alternate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are more spaced around back, if anything the small lot just to the right of it I think is usually been empty periodically.

IMG_0147.jpg

I did a dry run this afternoon and I have the route planned out.

I stopped at Gravelly Point airport park at Reagan National and the park signs say the park closes from 10 pm - 6 am daily.

So our first stop will be Gravelly Point airport park. There are port-a-potties there. Next stop will be the Capital building. Final stop will be at Tastee 29 Diner for a late night snack.

There was some chatter about taking some photos or doing a night shoot. Sounds cool, what do you guys have in mind? Obviously there are plenty of sweet backdrops in the city!

Looking forward to it! :rock:

2009 Mellow Yellow MCS, JCW Aero Package, JCW intake, JCW Steering Wheel, NM Engineering strut tower brace, Nvidia Q300 Cat Back Exhaust, ST XTA Coilovers, Madness Motorworks 22mm Adjustable Rear Sway Bar, GP2 Rear Diffuser, Powerflex front control arm bushings, R112 Black Challenge Wheels, Bridgestone Potenza Tires

I did a dry run this afternoon and I have the route planned out.

I stopped at Gravelly Point airport park at Reagan National and the park signs say the park closes from 10 pm - 6 am daily.

So our first stop will be Gravelly Point airport park. There are port-a-potties there. Next stop will be the Capital building. Final stop will be at Tastee 29 Diner for a late night snack.

There was some chatter about taking some photos or doing a night shoot. Sounds cool, what do you guys have in mind? Obviously there are plenty of sweet backdrops in the city!

Looking forward to it! :rock:

That was me who wanted to take night pictures but my in laws are coming into town for the night and I don't think I can come now. If I can it will be at the last minute

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

MELO-R56 said:

I'll set up the 360 recording. Here's a little taste

-Chris

Hey gang.

Looking forward to seeing everyone that can attend tomorrow! Be sure to look for my Mellow Yellow Cooper S in the Chipotle parking lot so we can line up before getting dinner.

The weather is looking good. I'll have print outs of the route for everyone if needed. Should be a good run!

-STEVE :rock: