easytiger

Mini repair shops in DC area

Hey Guys,

I'm pretty new on this forum, but when I tried using 'search' I found no answer to my question.

I need to change Lower Control Arm bushings on my MC R50. It's very simple procedure when you have the right tool like this and it should take no more than 30-60 mins (according to my research)

both bushings

But when I tried to contact local services nobody knew-or ever heard of that tool, so the whole process will take about 4 hours (removing subframe and then accessing the bushings' brackets...)

Maybe somebody can recommend competent Mini service with needed Mini tools?;) (please do not recommend dealership - they make it the 'oldschool' long and expensive way)

Many thanks for help.

easytiger said:
Hey Guys,

I'm pretty new on this forum, but when I tried using 'search' I found no answer to my question.

I need to change Lower Control Arm bushings on my MC R50. It's very simple procedure when you have the right tool like this and it should take no more than 30-60 mins (according to my research)

both bushings

But when I tried to contact local services nobody knew-or ever heard of that tool, so the whole process will take about 4 hours (removing subframe and then accessing the bushings' brackets...)

Maybe somebody can recommend competent Mini service with needed Mini tools?;) (please do not recommend dealership - they make it the 'oldschool' long and expensive way)

Many thanks for help.

I'm not sure where you are located...but my favorites for labor rates are:

PTuning - Manassas, VA

Note: PTuning is a DCMM vendor. Therefore members receive discounts on parts and labor. See official vendor list using following link. This assumes you are a full DCMM member and can view this forum.

http://dcmetrominis.org/forum/topic/1800-official-vendors/

Scandinavian Import - Rockville, MD

I'm sure there are other small shops that others can chime in and recommend. These two are two of the larger, non-dealer shops who definitely know what they are doing when it comes to MINIs.

Grey Goose: 2016 F56 Moonwalk Grey JCW - TTFS/GTPeace Custom Stage 1 (Present)
Shadow: 2011 R56 HT MB/MB - MANIC Stage 1 (Past)

Dima, I believe I talked to someone recently about lower control arm bushings...and although I see the "tool" you are referring to, I'm pretty sure 90% of the shops out there will drop the subframe to replace those bushings.

Grey Goose: 2016 F56 Moonwalk Grey JCW - TTFS/GTPeace Custom Stage 1 (Present)
Shadow: 2011 R56 HT MB/MB - MANIC Stage 1 (Past)