Mach V Dan

Mach V Special of the Month: August 2009

For the month of August, we have a special on Mach V Technic R56 Springs, with installation and 4-wheel alignment. These springs fit all 2007+ MINI Coupe and Convertible.

IMG_1546Large.jpg

Park16.jpg

The price for this package would usually be:

$199 (springs)

$267 (install)

$110 (4-wheel alignment)

Total $576

For the month of August you get all this for only $476 -- $100 off!

--Dan

Mach V

FastMINI.net

Dan,

I just installed these this morning with the NM sway bar and the M7 front strut bar. Can I make an afternoon appointment for the 4 wheel alignment?

If anyone is considering the springs, they are GREAT! I set the sway bar on the middle hole (medium) and I did not trim the bump stops (yet) and you will notice a little "firmer" ride and I will really, really look for potholes now but YOWZA! What an improvement in the handling. I hit my two favorite off ramps this afternoon and it was like a different car!

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

These springs fit all 2007+ MINI Coupe and Convertible.

Dumbest question of the month but here goes. Is the 2009 factor JCW suspension the exact same as an MCS or a JAC or what? The sticker didn't say much and I was so impressed with other aspects of the car, I didn't really care about suspension that much, figured I'd make that my focal project instead of more HP.

Anyway, interested in the answer and then for Mach V Dan.... have you tried these on a 2009 factory JCW yet?

Thanks so much, please forgive the basic questions.

"Skylar" -2009 JCW Hard Top. See my Mondo-Minis page for more.

These springs fit all 2007+ MINI Coupe and Convertible.

Dumbest question of the month but here goes. Is the 2009 factor JCW suspension the exact same as an MCS or a JAC or what? The sticker didn't say much and I was so impressed with other aspects of the car, I didn't really care about suspension that much, figured I'd make that my focal project instead of more HP.

Anyway, interested in the answer and then for Mach V Dan.... have you tried these on a 2009 factory JCW yet?

Thanks so much, please forgive the basic questions.

If you have the standard suspension on your JCW then you have the same thing as a stock MCS. If you have the JCW suspension (a $1255+installation upgrade) on your JCW then you have an upgraded version which offers a couple of different part upgrades (specifically I am not sure as to what is changed.)

Dan, why couldn't this special be next month :(. I'm gonna be broke until early next month.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you have the standard suspension on your JCW then you have the same thing as a stock MCS. If you have the JCW suspension (a $1255+installation upgrade) on your JCW then you have an upgraded version which offers a couple of different part upgrades.

Thanks so much Jeremy1026. I do NOT have the JCW suspension that I know of, and the window sticker makes no mention. This mod with an alignment that I'm sure is more enjoyable than factory setup, looks pretty sweet.

Thanks so much Jeremy1026. I do NOT have the JCW suspension that I know of, and the window sticker makes no mention. This mod with an alignment that I'm sure is more enjoyable than factory setup, looks pretty sweet.
If you didn't specifically pay your dealer to install the JCW suspension, then you don't have it. It isn't available as a factory option, only dealer-installed.

For 2nd Gen MINIs, the JCW suspension includes new springs, new shocks, a new rear sway bar and a new front sway bar.

For 1st Gen MINIs, the JCW suspension only includes new springs & shocks... although if you install it on an R50 (Cooper, not Cooper S), then the rear sway bar needs to be installed too (same one that comes with the R53 Cooper S).

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

If you didn't specifically pay your dealer to install the JCW suspension, then you don't have it. It isn't available as a factory option, only dealer-installed.

For 2nd Gen MINIs, the JCW suspension includes new springs, new shocks, a new rear sway bar and a new front sway bar.

Thanks Edge. I now have lots of exciting research to do! I'm sure there are pros and cons to a dealer installed JCW vs. aftermarket components... so off I go. My goal is simply a great driving road car, that can handle the urban DC environment. Keep warranty in place is a top priority too.

Cheers

Thanks Edge. I now have lots of exciting research to do! I'm sure there are pros and cons to a dealer installed JCW vs. aftermarket components... so off I go. My goal is simply a great driving road car, that can handle the urban DC environment. Keep warranty in place is a top priority too.

Cheers

If keeping warranty is a top priority your best bet is to go with the JCW suspension. GreenCactus recently got it put on her MCS, so you might want to talk to her about her experience going from the stock suspension to JCW suspension.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...you might want to talk to her about her experience going from the stock suspension to JCW suspension.

Great tip thanks! I am in no hurry but suspension/handling is the one area I'd like to do the most with. And lowering the car to look like the awesome photos of Mach V Dan would be sweet. THAT is a nice ride.

Great tip thanks! I am in no hurry but suspension/handling is the one area I'd like to do the most with. And lowering the car to look like the awesome photos of Mach V Dan would be sweet. THAT is a nice ride.

I'll be there tomorrow and would be happy to talk to you about the JCW suspension. I will say that it is absolutely worth it! Though, I'm sure you could get something similar for a lot less $$$ if you didn't go with JCW.

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

And installed everything the front and rear swaybars. Dan from Mach V installed a 22MM rear sway bar giving me much better perfomance and saved me about 7 hours of labor on the install because I decided not to touch the front sway bar (you have to drop the whole front subframe just to install the front sway bar).