JoyceDC

Greetings!

Welcome to the DCMM Forum. Congrats on your new MINI!

I hope you'll consider becoming a member and you'll join us for the Pirate themed Annual Picnic. It's free for members and 1 guest. The club provides the grilling meats, fixings and some light refreshments. We ask that each person bring a side dish or dessert to share.

http://dcmetrominis.org/forum/topic/3817-annual-picnic/

Signature.JPG

Thanks very much for the welcome. I am purchasing through Mini of Sterling (I have friends who are leasing their Mini through them, so knew certain salespeople). I have to drive her to be sure, but I am thinking her name will be Clementine or Clemmie for short, for Clementine Churchill. Lady Churchill lived into her 90s and I am hoping my Mini equals that in Mini years.:biggrin:

Hey congratulations on the new purchase and welcome to dcmm

HOONIGAN

Manic stage 2+, H&R springs, H-Sport 19mm sway bar, K&N intake, Forge Bov, Miltek downpipe, Mini Challenge Exhaust, Alta hotside pipe, Noname Intercooler, Cravenspeed short shifter, Sneed4speed Billyclub, Sneed4speed Aero Package, Sneed4speed

ETR, Sneed4speed track rotors, Carbontech AX6 brake pads

So I am enjoying my new Mini enormously. I have one question I'm hoping you can help me with. Are the seat belts adjustable for height? It cuts into the left side of my neck especially if I am wearing something collarless. If I raise the seat it is better, but then my ability to see out the back window, etc. is compromised. My old car offered adjustment. I can't find a way to adjust the seatbelt in the owners manual or via a search. I have emailed the salespeople to ask as well.

Many thanks.

Joyce

Hi Joyce,

Unfortunately there's no height adjustment for the belt. In some cars as you know, there's a sliding adjuster on the pillar. MINIs don't have that option.

Something like this might help, although I have no experience with it:

http://www.amazon.com/Masterlink-Marketing-296-bu-Seatbelt-Adjuster/dp/B0091OE6K6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1437749378&sr=8-1&keywords=seat+belt+adjuster

So I am enjoying my new Mini enormously. I have one question I'm hoping you can help me with. Are the seat belts adjustable for height? It cuts into the left side of my neck especially if I am wearing something collarless. If I raise the seat it is better, but then my ability to see out the back window, etc. is compromised. My old car offered adjustment. I can't find a way to adjust the seatbelt in the owners manual or via a search. I have emailed the salespeople to ask as well.

Many thanks.

Joyce

Hi Joyce,

Unfortunately there's no height adjustment for the belt. In some cars as you know, there's a sliding adjuster on the pillar. MINIs don't have that option.

http://www.amazon.com/Masterlink-Marketing-296-bu-Seatbelt-Adjuster/dp/B0091OE6K6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1437749378&sr=8-1&keywords=seat+belt+adjuster

The 1st Gen MINIs had the sliding adjuster (mine does), but they removed it in the 2nd Gens, probably as a cost-cutting measure. :(

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

The 1st Gen MINIs had the sliding adjuster (mine does), but they removed it in the 2nd Gens, probably as a cost-cutting measure. :(

Tigger didn't have it, strangles me all the time, I bought a seat belt pad. I'm going to look at this adjuster.

Must be because my first gen is a cabrio

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Tigger didn't have it, strangles me all the time, I bought a seat belt pad. I'm going to look at this adjuster.

Must be because my first gen is a cabrio

Oops yeah I wasn't thinking about that. R50 & R53 only. R52 doesn't have a B pillar to put it on!

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Hi Joyce,

Thanks for posting that Carman! I just ordered one as well. I am excited it'll be here before I take off for the MINI on the Mack!

image.php?u=1426&type=sigpic&dateline=14

The adjuster arrived and is working like a charm! Purchased a Mini Cooper seat belt pad as well. Hope the adjuster worked for you as well. Thanks, again, for your help!

I got the adjuster but I have to install it. I'm glad to hear it works!!!

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg