Donross

Hello from Glen Burnie

This happened on Friday :)

10423629_10203092279987327_6969633795360082442_n_zpsv0qktbrx.jpg

(figured the best way to start off an intro is with a pic) Took me the better part of a month to find her (Brittany) after test driving various MINIs. Ultimately, i was looking for a FUN and practical car that would be easier on the wallet to DD, at the same time modify. I have wanted one of these cars for quite some time now, glad I finally have one.

Anyways, My name is Ross and I live on the good side of Ritchie Hwy in Brooklyn Park..I expect to be moving to Severna Park in the next year or two, time will tell. As you can tell from the driveway, my 'lot' is pretty full.

The Evo is going, already have a buyer for her. I have a 72 Datsun 510 that I'm working on, been going back and forth whether or not to go full resto on it...I think I will, because OCD would kick in on stuff not being the way they should. 05 Colorado Xtreme is my ol' faithful, 145k miles on her, never an issue...minus the crap GM wiring, so the AC only works on full blast at the moment. 01 Kawi Ninja ZX6, carb'd bike...just realize the bike matches the MINI :) Finally, (not pictured) wife's CX-9..the hockey/football gear hauler. And NOW, the 'S' :motor:

The only thing I don't like about the car is that I purchased it only this past friday...really wanted to do the Tail of the Dragon, next year though :top:

Not new to the car scene, from Cali to Japan, now back on the east coast. But as things go, when you join a new forum...you must work your way up. Looking forward to learn as much as can on these cars, already have my Haynes next to me, meeting up, and doing some cruises. Right now my favorite run (if you are local to Annapolis/Gambrills) is Stephen Church all the way to Annapolis from Waugh Chapel, loop north at the mall to Crownsville, then take the fork that heads you back into Herald Harbor. Nice twisties :)

I found this site under the reference of Amit on NAM, thank you for that by the way :)

Welcome to dcmm

HOONIGAN

Manic stage 2+, H&R springs, H-Sport 19mm sway bar, K&N intake, Forge Bov, Miltek downpipe, Mini Challenge Exhaust, Alta hotside pipe, Noname Intercooler, Cravenspeed short shifter, Sneed4speed Billyclub, Sneed4speed Aero Package, Sneed4speed

ETR, Sneed4speed track rotors, Carbontech AX6 brake pads

That's a nice MINI you've got there. I love Space Blue and I'm happy to see you've named her.

We have a lot of fun events so please come check us out.

if you like us you can join as a full member with benefits.

I'm sure you'll get a lot of good information here, look forward to meeting you

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Not THOSE kind of benefits!!! :embarassed:

I know, just a little word play...

btw, thank you for sorting out that whole registry thing for me awhile back :top: I appreciate it. Your site admins were on point allowing my IP in.

Also, what's the difference between single vs couples membership (if i'm the only one with a MINI)? One badge for single, two for couples?

btw, thank you for sorting out that whole registry thing for me awhile back :top: I appreciate it. Your site admins were on point allowing my IP in.

Oh I remember you, glad we could help

I think you're going to fit right in here :top:

Tggrrr010.jpg

Also, what's the difference between single vs couples membership (if i'm the only one with a MINI)? One badge for single, two for couples?

We (the + ones) get a badge and the same forum privledges as the owners.

Welcome! I suggest for the 510 that you cage and track it!!

image.php?u=1185&type=sigpic&dateline=13

I missed this question before

With a couples membership you each get a badge, you can each have an account on the forum and you can each get the vendor discounts. Couples that are both socially active with the club usually will get the couples membership but a lot of married people have the single membership because they're significant other isn't interested.

We even have a father and daughter that take advantage of the couples membership. My husband and I each have MINIs so we're on the couples membership this way he can come out here and post on his own instead of always asking me what's going on... Hmmmm why does he still ask me? :hmmmm:

Tggrrr010.jpg

So yeah, failed the meticulous MD state inspection for rear driverside exhaust hanger (ordered/en route), Both front tires (failed by 2mm, but new ones arrived today, install tomorrow), and passenger side CV boot has a small hole in it (barely noticeable) that needs to be replaced. So, once i get all these handled I should be good to go.

>Note passed VA inspection with flying colors o.O

Edited by Donross