Cambo

Seeking Rear Brake Replacement Help

Hi all,

Wondering if there's anybody local who could help me change out my rear brakes. We're talking all the way to the calipers. I've got the parts on hand...I just don't have the tools (vacuum bleeder, caliper tool)...nor comfort level to attempt myself.

Anyway, thought I'd reach out here first before handing over my monies to a shop. Will definitely pay for services as well as feed you!

As a frame of reference, my "go-to" garage quoted me about $200 for labor. I'm hoping to save a couple bucks from that figure.

Thank you!

Ty

2009 MCS - Passenger seat delete--Rear seat delete--Arm rest delete--Cup holder delete--Seat Belt Delete--Cup holder added back because coffee

So to clarify you want to replace the rotors, pads, and calipers?

Ali is right, rich said his place is always open and he has a lift if I remember right. That would make life easier for sure. Try sending him a private massage.

I have a hand pump brake bleeder, and the cube for the rear caliper (it sucks to use). You can borrow the good caliper tool with the dogs from autozone. You shouldn't need the caliper tool if you are replacing them though.

If you can't use rich's sweet setup. I can always lend a hand for some driveway wrenching.

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

Appreciate the support gents!

Correct- replacing calipers, rotors, and pads. Right rear caliper is "stuck"; right rear wheel won't spin freely. Garage recommended replacing everything...on both sides. At about 80k miles...I guess it's about time.

Thank God someone on NAM was getting rid of his barely used, stock brake set up. I was able to snag it in the nick of time. If not for that, my mini would've sat for a looonnnggg time. I have no problem dropping money on go fast bits. I have a very hard time dropping money on the boring necessary stuff lol. Kinda backwards isn't it? It's also why I'm constantly in trouble with the mrs.

I've reached out to Rich...waiting to hear back.

Thanks again!

2009 MCS - Passenger seat delete--Rear seat delete--Arm rest delete--Cup holder delete--Seat Belt Delete--Cup holder added back because coffee

Just wanted to throw a quick shout out to Rich today for helping me get the brakes done. Turns out it was a lot less work than my garage told me I needed. Saved me a fortune in what the garage would've needlessly done.

Rich- you're just an awesome dude. Jealous of the garage, tools, and toys! What took you about an hour would've taken me an entire day. Thanks again!

Thanks Ali for recommending I contact Rich. And thanks to the forum members that PM'd me and offered help, really do appreciate the reach out!

Just wanted to throw a quick shout out to Rich today for helping me get the brakes done. Turns out it was a lot less work than my garage told me I needed. Saved me a fortune in what the garage would've needlessly done.

Rich- you're just an awesome dude. Jealous of the garage, tools, and toys! What took you about an hour would've taken me an entire day. Thanks again!

Thanks Ali for recommending I contact Rich. And thanks to the forum members that PM'd me and offered help, really do appreciate the reach out!

I love hearing things like this

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg