TGGRRR (Ali)

Happy Hour Hard Times Cafe (Fairfax)

Thurs December 4th

We'll meet at 6:30 unless there's someone that can be there earlier

4069 Chain Bridge Rd, Fairfax, VA 22030

There's a lot of parking around the back

we can start an early celebration of Alex's (MINI in Black) birthday and maybe do some last minute parade planning

they have reserved the two long tables at the other end of the room opposite of the pool tables at 6 PM. Each table seats 8 so we have plenty of room. This is the same room as we have for the annual meeting, it's on the lower level

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I'm a maybe. They allow smoking inside of that Hard Times and I hate being around that in such high volume. Parking tends to actually be really challenging there too but there's side streets and an actual parking garage that always has ample spaces, just a block away.

I confirmed we are in a fully non-smoking area, I'm allergic so made sure of that. Also parking is very easy in the evening, you go around the block and park behind them. It's perfectly legal and there's a lot of it. We have our annual meeting here so I know the room and the parking. While they are smoking in the other lounge I have never been bothered by the smoke in the room that we'll be in.

Don't worry I covered both of these issues :top:

Tggrrr010.jpg

For those of you who weren't at the annual meeting but ARE coming tonight, see the linked thread below for parking. As Ali said, parking is plentiful...you just have to find it :top:

There are two pictures on the first post that should help you out.

http://dcmetrominis.org/forum/topic/3170-dcmm-annual-meeting/?do=findComment&comment=42768

See you all soon :motor:

Grey Goose: 2016 F56 Moonwalk Grey JCW - TTFS/GTPeace Custom Stage 1 (Present)
Shadow: 2011 R56 HT MB/MB - MANIC Stage 1 (Past)

I'll probably be there about 6:30, looking forward to seeing everyone. Hoping I can get Mark to come along

C'mon, Mark. You know you want to.... :D

Great time tonight! :)

Yes, agreed. Thanks to everyone for coming out. Awesome turnout, lots of laughs, good times :)

Yes, agreed. Thanks to everyone for coming out. Awesome turnout, lots of laughs, good times :)

Biggest turnout yet, I think it was because everyone wanted to wish you Happy Birthday Alex.

I had a great time but the smoke was bad, even though our room was non-smoking.

Tggrrr010.jpg

I had a great time too, with one glaring exception...

My clothes reek, my hair stinks, my eyes are still watering and my lungs are reacting, causing some coughing this evening.

Suggestion: no more happy hours at places that allow smoking indoors (*anywhere* indoors), or at least make it clear in the invite ahead of time if we know about it.

I like Hard Times Cafe - their chili is awesome! I think that the annual meetings there worked because they were earlier in the day before the smoking crowd built up. Tonight was a totally different experience in that regard - I was surprised how bad it was... and a little shocked that they can skirt the law somehow.

Again - great company, great food and good beer... but the disgusting air put a little bit of a damper on it for me. :frown:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

I just found this old article... but I don't think they do a good job of "walling off"... I bet it's not a separate ventilation system either:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/12/24/AR2009122401213.html

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129