ZugZugMcD

Looking for stripe installer

I purchased a set of Viper stripes for my Clubman but I don't think it's a job that I would want to do myself...

Can anyone recommend an installer in Maryland? I live in northern Anne Arundel County but anywhere from outside of DC to north of Baltimore would work...

Thanks! :top:

2009 MINI Cooper S Clubman

Thanks for the kind words, Jeremy, and yes, I do like to help install stripes. But viper stripes... haven't done those yet and wouldn't want to tackle those unless it was on my own MINI.

I recommend Speed Design in Whitemarsh. John is the owner, really good at what he does, and is reasonable in his charges. He did my roof graphic and his price was less than half of the next lowest bidder (would have scared me off if not given glowing marks by other MINI owners from DCMM).

Thanks for the kind words, Jeremy, and yes, I do like to help install stripes. But viper stripes... haven't done those yet and wouldn't want to tackle those unless it was on my own MINI.

I recommend Speed Design in Whitemarsh. John is the owner, really good at what he does, and is reasonable in his charges. He did my roof graphic and his price was less than half of the next lowest bidder (would have scared me off if not given glowing marks by other MINI owners from DCMM).

I'd think getting the angle on normal stripes would be harder then doing viper stripes. But, if you don't want to try, then I'll 2nd Speed Design in Whitemarsh, VERY reasonable prices.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Does anyone know of any other installers in MD? I called Speed Design and they want $195 to do the install on boot, bonnet and side stripes. That seems a little steep to me. If anyone else has had a shop install them, what is the going rate?

Sid, did they do yours and what was the cost if you don't mind me asking?

Edited by lethalkrs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

06 R50, BRG/W, OMP Upper Strut Bar, AFE CAI, Megan CatBack, AC Boot and Bonnet stripes, Angled Side stripes, window tint, Alta 19mm Rear Sway, Konig Feathers with 205/50/15 Yokahama S-Drives, VIP Customs quad light bar with 4 hella 500's, and TSW Upper motor mount.

Does anyone know of any other installers in MD? I called Speed Design and they want $195 to do the install on boot, bonnet and side stripes. That seems a little steep to me. If anyone else has had a shop install them, what is the going rate?

You could totally do it yourself, in about an hour if you take you time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I did my own boot stripes and the hardest part was lining them up right. I think that took about an hour and the actual application took around 20 minutes.

I also did side stripes for someone else (Pepper19). I will NEVER do that again. Trying to line up one piece of vinyl that was the length of car while lying on the ground was not fun. If one has the use of a lift it would be much easier! Depending on what type of side stripes you have, yours might be easier.

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

Yeah, I will probably tackle this myself, just don't want to screw them up. And I am really picky and if they don't line up exactly right, it will drive me nuts. I would prefer someone with experience handle it, but $195 seems crazy.

The side stripes are the angled stripes that run down the car behind the door so I won't have to lay on the ground. Sue at Mighty Stripes said those are about the easiest ones to do.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

06 R50, BRG/W, OMP Upper Strut Bar, AFE CAI, Megan CatBack, AC Boot and Bonnet stripes, Angled Side stripes, window tint, Alta 19mm Rear Sway, Konig Feathers with 205/50/15 Yokahama S-Drives, VIP Customs quad light bar with 4 hella 500's, and TSW Upper motor mount.

Well, I went ahead and tackled the project this morning and it turned out pretty good. A couple blemishes, but nothing terrible.

IMG_47012.JPG

The boot and bonnet are from Aesthetic Creations.

IMG_4698.JPG

The side stripes are from Mighty Stripes.

IMG_4693.JPG

Not too bad a job for first try.

Thanks to everyone for giving me the confidence to try it myself.

Now I am just waiting for the paint pen to fix all those chips on the hood (damn rocks) and the rear fog to get rid of that piece of plastic. Will be hooking the rear fog up as a fourth brake light.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks.

Yeah, I sent the person who did the signature a message and asked if he could add the stripes. Hopefully he will be able to do for me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I called a shop this AM about getting my Stripes installed...

wait for it....

wait for it.....

:stupid::stupid::stupid::stupid: $500! :stupid::stupid::stupid::stupid:

Front and Back Bumper doubled the price! $250 for Boot and Bonnet? Geesh! Is this what I am in for when considering professional installation?

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL"