VaMike

Rigsby's bumper repair

After a nice dinner at Los Toltecos on Duke Street Friday evening ( I know several club members go there) I returned to find someone had backed into Rigsby and damaged the right rear bumper.

A nice couple eating on the deck took note of the license plate of the car that hit Rigsby before it drove off. The Alexandria Police were able to track the driver down and get the insurance information.

The driver's insurance company is State Farm and they have identified East Coast Collision as a prefferred shop.

A few weeks earlier someone gave Rigsby a small ding (through the paint) on the right door that I want to get repaired at the sometime, though at separate cost. I've been told already by two shops that this will require painting the door and rear fender to match paint.

Has anyone had experience with East Coast Collision? Any thoughts on the quality of their work?

Thanks!

...Mike

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]"Rigsby" - 13 R59 MCRSm, CR, Blk SS, 17" Blk Star Bullets, Blk HL and FL, Blk Mirrors, Stone Guards, Chrome Line Ext & Int, JCW Int, Championship B/R, Packs: 1, 2, 3, 4, HK w/Sirius, NAV, MC, PDC

You are under no obligation to use the shop that State Farm says. You may use ANY shop you want. State Farm lists that shop, as they will stand behind the work a little harder. (which really isn't saying very much with an insurance company...lol)

I have no experience with body shops in Va, sorry

No matter where you go, there you are!

I can't speak as to East Coast Collision, but I was very happy with the job that Chantilly Auto Body did when Willie was rear-ended on 66. He had about $2200 in damage, which, if I recall correctly, included a scratch (but no dent) to the one of the rear Clubbie doors. I believe they did not paint the whole door, just repaired the scratch.

Additionally my boss swears by Advantage Certified Auto Group in Manassas Park. They specialize in BMWs and Minis.

image.php?u=179&type=sigpic&dateline=140

I've gone to Wagon Work in Alexandria. They did a phenomenal job when Lucy got keyed. The preferred shops apparently aren't always as good of quality. I know Wagon Work had Mr. OEM (Haemish's car) for a bit. They're very very very reliable and diligent. I'd go there over anywhere else.

So, I've got an update on this:

I had a very good experience with East Coast Collision in Alexandria. The place is run (owned?) by the two Fastekjian brothers, both of whom worked with me. If you take the Blue line through Van Dorn you've passed the back of their shop, just before the station.

Everything went smoothly, from the estimate, through handling all the insurance paperwork for me, to also handling a door ding repair at separate cost at the same time.

I decided to have the work done while I was on an oversees trip. They worked with me ahead of time to make arrangements for Miguel to drop Rigsby off (we live within walking distance) and timed the work so Rigsby was ready to pick up the morning after I got back.

The work was great - the bumper and door look just like new.

A day or two later I was out running errands and as I walked up to the car noticed some chili red overspray on a small part of the undercarriage that could only be see at a distance/angle. I dropped back by the shop unannounced and one of the brothers came out to cleaned it off himself while I waited (all of about 5 minutes).

They "get" that I'm semi-obsessed with this car and were able to deliver. I have to say that I didn't expect them, or anyone, to be able to do this. I was ready to be disappointed in some aspect, but these guys nailed it.

I don't know how they might handle major repairs, but on these two minor ones I think they did a great job.

...Mike

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]"Rigsby" - 13 R59 MCRSm, CR, Blk SS, 17" Blk Star Bullets, Blk HL and FL, Blk Mirrors, Stone Guards, Chrome Line Ext & Int, JCW Int, Championship B/R, Packs: 1, 2, 3, 4, HK w/Sirius, NAV, MC, PDC