When: Sunday, August 11, 2013

9:30am

Drivers' Meeting: 9:45am

Depart: 10:00am

Where:

Market Street Coffee

http://marketstreetcoffeeshops.com/index.php?id=3

1020 E. Main St Purcellville, VA 20132

(This is where the Paw Paw Tunnel run started.)

The route is about 30 miles in Virginia and 30 miles in Maryland. It should take about two hours, depending on the timing of the ferry.

The ferry is $5 per car and is CASH ONLY!

After we cross the Potomac, we will stop in the Whites Ferry parking lot. There are bathrooms and vending machines.

If anyone only wants to do the Maryland part of the run, please meet in the Whites Ferry parking lot (24801 Whites Ferry Rd, Dickerson MD, 20842) between 10:45-11:00am. Please indicate in your RSVP if this is what you are going to do, so I know to wait for you.

What to bring:

2-Way Radios

CASH for the ferry

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

is to route all paved or are the some rough spots, trying to decide if I will do the run or go straight to the picnic.:motor:Watson has enough issues with big speed bumps.

It is all paved and most of the roads are in very good shape. There are a couple of roads that are a bit rough, but nothing out of the ordinary for a "back" road. I think the worst part is the speed bump on the road after we exit the ferry.

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

It is all paved and most of the roads are in very good shape. There are a couple of roads that are a bit rough, but nothing out of the ordinary for a "back" road. I think the worst part is the speed bump on the road after we exit the ferry.

Thanks!!

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

Video of the Maryland portion of the run... This was easiest for me to put together first, as the timing of the resulting time lapse video was practically even. And I was able to hack up the music perfectly to fit. :) (fortunately, techno music can be easily hacked without messing up the beat!)

Unfortunately, the Youtube ad is required since I'm using music from a published album, rather than my generic royalty-free stuff.

Edited by mikev

Cool videos Mike, but the speed made me dizzy. :dead:

Unfortunately, time lapse videos have a tendency to do this. the very low frame rate (pictures were taken at 2 second intervals) that is then sped up significantly (both videos were 15 frames per second)... you're going from 30 pictures taken in a minute to 30 pictures shown in 2 seconds. Varying exposure rates due to different amounts of light don't help either, though the GoPro software does smooth that out a little bit.

Obviously this is where video would shine (just speed it up a bit), but the battery wouldn't likely last the whole length of the run (as it was, my battery only had a few minutes of life left after the 2 hours it was on taking over 3300 pictures that made up those two videos). Of course, I could slow the frame rate down a bit... but then it looks more like a high-speed slideshow than a video.