TGGRRR (Ali)

Detailing Clinic

Where :Odds and Ends Detailing

201 Davis Drive Suite LL

Sterling, VA 20164

When July 14 starting at 9:00

He supplies donuts and bagels too!!!!

Details from Darryl:

The typical clinic runs about 4 hours. It covers everything from a proper two bucket wash, drying, claying, polishing, and then protecting. I like to get them started around 9 so we wrap up as close to lunch time (ish) as possible.

I try not to rush and have a free form Q&A throughout the entire time but when people get anxious and jump ahead, I'll simply remind them to ask me later about that topic or politely inform them that we'll get to that later in the process. Most everyone is pleasantly surprised at how much info is presented and how much they learn even if they've been DIYing for many years! If the MINI crown is big on DIY, I'm sure everyone will really enjoy themselves.

I will also have all retail products on sale for the event.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Plenty of food nearby... :)

If you turn right (North) onto Davis Drive, and go for almost 3 miles, you'll run into the Dulles Town Center mall, which has plenty of restaurants in and around it. They include The Cheesecake Factory, Longhorn Steakhouse, PF Chang's, Red Lobster, Red Robin, and more.

You'll also pass a Chili's before the mall, in front of Best Buy. A DC area pizza chain, Paisanos, is in the same shopping center as Best Buy, on the other end of the center.

Wings are also an option... the Buffalo Wing Factory is hidden away in a smaller shopping center before you get to Church Rd... or Buffalo Wild Wings is on the other side of Rt. 28, near Wegmans/Target.

And plenty of fast food too... KFC/Taco Bell and McD's if you turn left onto Sterling Blvd... there's another McD's in the same area as Best Buy, and a Chik-Fil-A in front of Lowes, across the road from the Best Buy shopping center.

I'm sure there are also numerous small delis and sandwich shops too... probably at least one in the area where the detail shop is.

I know I set this up and I really wanted to go, but I can't. I locked my neck up on the last day of vacation last weekend. I've been in severe pain all week trying to get it under control. The doctor gave me meds yesterday that didn't touch it. I went to urgent care today and got different meds. The Pharmacist advised that I plan to do nothing as I would be zonked out.

Can someone take notes or something to catch the main highlights of what you learn?

I'm sorry I can't make it :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Tggrrr010.jpg

Ali - that really sucks....sorry to hear!

Based on the number of people who are out of town or had previous commitments, I suggest we do another one later this year for those who couldn't make this one. Maybe mid-October or something.

Get a designated driver and come anyway....lol

On a lighter note, the weather looks like it's going to cooperate nicely, so see everyone tomorrow!

- Darryl

Ali - that really sucks....sorry to hear!

Based on the number of people who are out of town or had previous commitments, I suggest we do another one later this year for those who couldn't make this one. Maybe mid-October or something.

Get a designated driver and come anyway....lol

On a lighter note, the weather looks like it's going to cooperate nicely, so see everyone tomorrow!

- Darryl

A second clinic would be awesome. I thought of riding with Catalina but with the pain killers and muscle relaxers I won't wake up in time.

Tggrrr010.jpg

We had a decent turnout for the Detailing Party at Odds & Ends Detailing today. Laura (no, the other Laura, as in Laura and Jim) was the only woman able to make it with the injuries and sore muscles going around. Laura and Jim, Monty, Craig (no, the other Craig), Rey, and I had personal instructions by Darryl on detailing. Everything from the 2 bucket wash (or was it a 3 bucket: soap, mitt rinse, and wheels) to paint restoration and polishing, VRT, plastics, leather, and glass polishing. I learned a lot of things and I think we purchased a good amount of product.

Darryl is willing to hold another class in the fall if there is an interest and we get on the schedule. I highly recommend it.

Thanks Darryl! :top:

IMG_0648.jpg.ac44b08e8f33a855c18b8ed46b939e72.jpg

IMG_0649.jpg.53d6dbc6670d398b57a7e6b64e80865f.jpg

IMG_0646.jpg.1f9c6ff1fa38845299c6206cf2fcebcf.jpg

IMG_0645.jpg.f4518b3a9daeb5048f17aca74f391210.jpg

IMG_0643.jpg.744d4961844cbb5031d4c66bfc95643f.jpg

IMG_0648.jpg.ac44b08e8f33a855c18b8ed46b939e72.jpg

IMG_0649.jpg.53d6dbc6670d398b57a7e6b64e80865f.jpg

IMG_0646.jpg.1f9c6ff1fa38845299c6206cf2fcebcf.jpg

IMG_0645.jpg.f4518b3a9daeb5048f17aca74f391210.jpg

IMG_0643.jpg.744d4961844cbb5031d4c66bfc95643f.jpg

Edited by Bert

image.php?u=1000&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Ernie McStreet's facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/erniemcs.street

We had a decent turnout for the Detailing Party at Odds & Ends Detailing today. ...

and NO, that is not Ernie being detailed.

Ernie is parked in the background and that MCS R56, even though a BRG II with the same spoked wheels, has a black roof and no bonnet stripes.

image.php?u=1000&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Ernie McStreet's facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/erniemcs.street

Thank you guys (and gal) so much for coming out today. Sorry to those who were illin' and to those who had other plans, but yes, let's do it again later in the fall and I can talk about winter prep as well as all of the basics covered today.

It was a great group of folks and thank you very much for your business. I can't tell you how excited I am to be a sponsor here as you seem like a very enthusiastic bunch of owners! Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions on the products or for more tips and tricks.

I finished up the demo car late this afternoon with a light polish all over and removed the "racing stripe" we created on the hood, then followed it up with a sealer and it really looks sharp. I will post a couple of pics when I get them off my camera.

I hope everyone learned a lot and enjoyed themselves!

- Darryl

Looks like he carries the full Adams line, which is what I use. I may have to ring him up when it's time to replenish.

Yes, as Ali mentions, I do use Adam's in my shop as well as some other high quality brands and everything I use, I sell retail and vice versa, so please come by when you need to restock!