cmcveay

Let's get out doors!

Seems there's more than enough interest in getting together a run this coming weekend so here it is.

Let's meet at the same location we used last year in Lorton, off of Ox Road.

Where:

Sweet Frog

8971 Ox Rd, Lorton, VA 22079

When:

Sunday, May 26th 10 a.m.

We'll end up at a winery that's supposed to have BBQ, Cupcakes and some live music. The winery is only about 12 miles from the meeting point but what fun would that be! So, Lona has put together a couple of route options and I'll test fly them on Friday. Looks like it'll be about 20 miles and it should take roughly 40 minutes for the drive. That means you can be back home at a very, very reasonable time of day!

Here's a link to the winery:

http://www.paradisespringswinery.com/

The winery allows pets (outside only) and children. They have lots of picnic tables and have no issues with you bringing your own food. I'm planning on a stop at the deli or the sub shop where we are meeting up.

This will be a destination event so you are free to come and go as you please once we've reached the distant end.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Spoiler alert * Craig could be leading without a navigator!

Sounds dangerous...

Someone bring me a cupcake to Harley Davidson ... or we aren't friends anymore ... Please?

If I go I can bring you one, but it'll be smashed in my backpack because I'll be on the bike.

03 BRG MINI S: Sold!

05 PW Scion xB: D2 Coilovers, XXR 531 16x8, Yakima rack, Yakima basket, WINK, Plaid interior, and a whopping 108 HP!

I can't go, but Paradise Springs is a really nice winery!

We'll send pictures! Have an awesome weekend!

Just got in from pre-driving the route and running errands.

The route is awesome with lots of great twisty roads and it's really, really pretty out there (even on this blustery overcast day). One thing in the interest of full disclosure though! The route does have about a mile of gravel road. If that's a show stopper, it's okay because we can let the "paved roads only" crowd know where to turn so you can arrive ahead of us and not have to worry about the unpaved part.

I'll post a video in a bit that really shows why we pre-run routes.

Just got new tires on my bike, looks like ill be there tomorrow.

03 BRG MINI S: Sold!

05 PW Scion xB: D2 Coilovers, XXR 531 16x8, Yakima rack, Yakima basket, WINK, Plaid interior, and a whopping 108 HP!

just washer the countryman, don't want to show up with a dirty car even if its a loaner. After cleaning it, I really wanted to grab one of the cans of black PD and black out the headlight rings, it would look so much better. I wonder in the dealership would even notice when I gave it back :questionmark:

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

Thanks Craig and Lona for setting up such a nice run. It was fun and twisty and it was quick. The winery was a lot of fun and the food was good.

After we left Mark and I had to go to my mother's so take pictures of her house for the realtor. On the way we ran into Pete at an intersection, he lives in my Mom's neighborhood, so we stalked him home and stopped over to say hi. Got to meet his wife and kids and figured out why he looks so familiar, they go to our church and had been to my blood drive.

What an awesome way to start the day!!!

:congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats:

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Thanks for coming out everyone, that really was fun. We had a fun little run back to Ox Road and even managed to find a few more new and exciting twisties on the way!

Thanks Craig and Lona for setting up such a nice run. It was fun and twisty and it was quick. The winery was a lot of fun and the food was good.

After we left Mark and I had to go to my mother's so take pictures of her house for the realtor. On the way we ran into Pete at an intersection, he lives in my Mom's neighborhood, so we stalked him home and stopped over to say hi. Got to meet his wife and kids and figured out why he looks so familiar, they go to our church and had been to my blood drive.

What an awesome way to start the day!!!

:congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats:

Stalker! :D

That was quite fun. Thanks everyone. Will bring other family members next time.

2009 IY JCW R57 "Cinq à Sept"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for coming out everyone, that really was fun. We had a fun little run back to Ox Road and even managed to find a few more new and exciting twisties on the way!

I was just about to post about the add'l fun run following you back to 123 :) Thanks for planning the event! I was going through twisty withdrawals :)

CHILLIN001.jpg