RDG_RCR

Cooper Kart Racing VS Hyper-fest!

As some of you have seen in the event planning section (everyone else become a member and see what you are missing!!) DCMM has created a karting team (Cooper Kart Racing) to compete in the Enduro Kart race at Hyper-fest this year. DCMM will be up against 14 other teams (some of which will be joined by other DCMM members..traitors). Here is a link to Hyper-Fest http://www.hyper-fest.com/ so you can see all the craziness they have to offer. I will be attending the entire day and would like to create a caravan if there is enough interest (details will be posted at a later time). The karting event itself goes from 8:00pm-10pm. So come out and support your fellow DCMMers! Also, if you are a member and are competing on another team, post up and I'll add your team to this post so we know who to cheer on.....after Cooper Kart Racing of course :rofl:

Cooper Kart Racing

RDG_RCR (Tyler)

walked08860 (David)

Stephatron (Stephanie)

minime331 (Chris)

CARAVAN TO SUMMIT

We will start to meet at the Sheetz (Address: 915 Edwards Ferry Rd, Leesburg VA 20176) at 10am and will depart NLT 10:30am.

additional directions from MikeV (Thanks Mike!)

Coming from the Dulles Greenway or VA-7 West, take the exit for US-15 North toward Frederick MD (from the Greenway, it will also be labeled VA-7 East). After passing the light at the Outlet Mall, you'll make a left at the next light onto Edwards Ferry Rd. Sheetz is on the left.

!!!!UPDATE!!!!

Hi guys,

You are reading this email because you are a team captain or known driver for the NASA Mid-Atlantic twilight enduro at Summit Point Kart next Saturday night June 15 during Hyperfest. Please forward this message along to all your drivers. Thanks for signing up, we are full at 18 teams! The entry list is here:

captain name / team name

1) Brian Oeters / ???

2) Eric Donovan / ???

3) Kevin Tulay / ???

4) Kevin Ponceloranca / ???

5) Dan Raver / ???

6) Michael LaPage / ???

7) Carl Lynn / CCVT OG2

8) Michael Brose / Twitchy Racing

9) Tyler Pepin / Team Cooper Karts

10) Steve Miles / Team AggroCrag

11) Justin Schaeffer / ???

12) Daniel McCarron / ???

13) Adam Stroup / ???

14) Daniel Albritton / ???

15) sam stuard / ???

16) Alfred Cabrera / ???

17) George Brooks / ???

18) Richard Montoni / ???

These are in signup order, NOT starting order, that will be randomly assigned. If you have your team name now, please reply with it ASAP. Otherwise please be prepared to give your team name at the drivers meeting that night.

Plan to have all your drivers at SPK's Washington Circuit headquarters by 7:15pm that night to check in, sign the waiver, attend the drivers meeting, and get your kart assignment. There will be a famous Le Mans start - starting drivers line up, run across the pavement when the green flag drops, hop in their idling karts, and go at 8:00pm. After 120 minutes, the team that has covered the most distance shall be declared the winner. Trophies will be awarded for first, second, and third place team finishes. Otherwise the tentative race rules are pretty simple. Here they are in no particular order:

1) Each team will be at least two people.

2) Each driver on each team must do at least 20 laps.

3) Three pit-stops and two driver changes are mandatory. Stop & go pit stops are allowed; the idea here is of course to try to make things more equal for 3- and 4-driver teams.

4) No electronic communication - signs/pit boards/hand signals only.

5) No bumping, blocking, or rough driving.

6) Point-by hand signals are highly recommended.

7) Driver attire is long sleeves, long pants, closed-toe shoes, and full face DOT helmets with visors. SPK has loaner suits and helmets if needed. Gloves are highly recommended.

8) If your kart breaks, spare karts will be on pit road - ready for you to hop in and go back out.

9) If you break down, get stuck, or run out of gas on the course, STAY IN YOUR KART - SPK staff will come to you.

10) If you spin, make contact with anything, or do something else foolish on course, you will get a black flag and will need to pit in. The black flag policies for this race will be explained at the drivers meeting. You can absolutely assume that individual drivers and/or teams will be parked WITHOUT REFUND for repeated infractions.

11) The consumption of alcohol is prohibited until after you're done driving your stint.

12) We may require one fuel stop for each team, this will be explained at the drivers meeting.

13) Anything listed on the SPK website or announced at the drivers meeting or stated by any SPK or NASA official at the event supersedes anything written here.

As per the policies you agreed to when you registered there are no refunds or credits available, although your team spot is fully sellable or transferrable to someone else if it is arranged before the race.

For those who would like some "warmup" seat time at SPK, they are open frequently (presumably including earlier that day before our enduro) but please check with 'em to be sure.

We are 100% a go "rain or shine", we will only shut down for heavy weather i.e. lightning in the area. Usually we then continue the race after the storm has passed. But the forecast for Saturday evening looks good currently.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to "reply all." Unfortunately I have to miss this enduro due to another event at Sebring, but the SPK staff will take great care of you I'm sure!

Thanks again,

Jon

image.php?u=1185&type=sigpic&dateline=13

OMG OMG OMG OMG *squeal* how very exciting!

LOL, thats 2! If we can get Chris and David to agree then I think we have our race uniform.

Also, anyone else who wants to represent the mushroom kingdom is welcome to join us!

Sounds like i have to pull out the 'ol N64 and 4 controllers for some true carting.....:)...I wonder if I can fit a TV setup in the back of Ender for some hyperfest Mario cart N64 style

[sIGPIC]http://www.motoringalliance.com/gallery/data/500/nh21003.jpg[/sIGPIC]

2004 MC JB/W CVT DSC H/K R50 "Operation De-Chrome" 90% Complete

Sounds like i have to pull out the 'ol N64 and 4 controllers for some true carting.....:)...I wonder if I can fit a TV setup in the back of Ender for some hyperfest Mario cart N64 style

That would be awesome! Also if anyone has a nintendo DS we have two of MarioKart if you think you can take us (Sara and I).

On topic... apparently it was 20 years ago today that this movie was released:

Disclaimer: No, I haven't seen it. Nor do I really want to. :)

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

I just checked the website to see if they had any new info (team names and such) they didn't, but they did increase the field from 15 to 18 teams with only 1 spot remaining. So if anyone else is interested in creating a team do it soon!

Having never been to Summit Point before, any chance I can meet someone somewhere along the way? I live in Leesburg, so I'm guessing it's likely that someone will be passing near or through here to get there.

Thanks!

Having never been to Summit Point before, any chance I can meet someone somewhere along the way? I live in Leesburg, so I'm guessing it's likely that someone will be passing near or through here to get there.

Thanks!

I'll meet up with you, do you know a good meeting spot in Leesburg? I'm not too familiar with the area. When we get a spot I'll add it to the original post and we can have a meet up and roll out time for everyone caravaning to Summit.

We could either meet at the Outlet Mall parking lot, or one light further north at the Target/Costco parking lot.

Target/Costco lot has a Chick-fil-a as well for those that want a bite to eat, and the Costco gas station has cheap gas if anyone needs a fill-up (and has a Costco membership). Also Sunoco, Exxon, and Sheetz gas stations nearby across streets, and McD's next to Sheetz.

Outlet Mall lot is at: 241 Fort Evans Rd NE, Leesburg VA 20176

Target/Costco lot is at: 1200 Edwards Ferry Rd NE, Leesburg VA 20176

Ohh, I love a good sheetz, that works for me. The gates at hyperfest open at 9:30, considering I will be there until 10pm + I'm not set on getting there as soon as the gates open. Meet up at sheetz at 10:00 and leave by 10:30am? This should put us at Summit roughly 11:15 or so.

Sounds good to me...

Address: 915 Edwards Ferry Rd, Leesburg VA 20176

Coming from the Dulles Greenway or VA-7 West, take the exit for US-15 North toward Frederick MD (from the Greenway, it will also be labeled VA-7 East). After passing the light at the Outlet Mall, you'll make a left at the next light onto Edwards Ferry Rd. Sheetz is on the left.