FAST060

What's that, Jack?

So I want to buy a jack. Pretty simple? I don't trust the jack that came with SMOKIE. I've seen that thing just pop right out and I'm not gonna be that girl.

So, keeping in mind space and ease of use.... Anyone have any suggestions? Will I be using it THAT much to warrant buying a jack, yes I will.

Q

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

So I want to buy a jack. Pretty simple? I don't trust the jack that came with SMOKIE. I've seen that thing just pop right out and I'm not gonna be that girl.

So, keeping in mind space and ease of use.... Anyone have any suggestions? Will I be using it THAT much to warrant buying a jack, yes I will.

Q

Justin has a really nice jack. I think it was expensive though.

i've got the same one as Craig's and its light weight and can lift a MINI with no problem. I think its the craftman one.

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

if you are looking for a jack when doing projects, sears had a 3ton jacks, 2 stands, and a creeper for 99 bucks. Brandy got it for me last year and works great on her clubman. I have to drive watson up on ramps first to get the jack under, but prefer that way less twist to the subframe.

Harbor freight has lot of good bottle jacks for carrying around. when loooking the wider the base the more stable. Any time you have a reason to go to harbor freight its a good thing.

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

just read in the ptunning post that you a dropping smokie, not sure if a bottle jack will work due to clearance, you will probably need to use a scissor jack. I would wait till after you lower and measure your clearance from jacking point to ground.

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

Any of the aluminum "race" jacks, from Harbor Freight or Pep Boys, etc, should do.

I usually use a Torin from Pep Boys, works fine.

How low are you?

quirk - '12 CR MCS 6m, WP, MR, HK. Conti DWS, Kosei K4R, Hardened NM TA insert, NM strut bar, Rennline skidplate, WMW heat shield, Philips X-treme, OEM Lumbars, mudflaps & black trim, free camber mod, WeatherTech mats, RearGuard...