Stephatron

PTUNING alignment for $99!

Hey friends -

I wanted to pass along an alignment special that I just did at PTUNING in Manassas, VA so Lucy and I are set for the Dragon. I was informed, that for the entire month of April, they're running a special for all MINIs for $99 on alignments and 10% off any service, excluding alignments. I do believe they prefer appointments and all you have to do is mention the MINI alignment special to get the price. :motor::motor:

Hey friends -

I wanted to pass along an alignment special that I just did at PTUNING in Manassas, VA so Lucy and I are set for the Dragon. I was informed, that for the entire month of April, they're running a special for all MINIs for $99 on alignments and 10% off any service, excluding alignments. I do believe they prefer appointments and all you have to do is mention the MINI alignment special to get the price. :motor::motor:

thanks Steph -

I called and made appointments for Tigger and Max on the morning of the 13th.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

:top:

I just want to find out the pros and cons blah blah blah

but I do want to kick butt at autocross this year

I can help you with that. If you really want to get serious, consider getting front camber plates and rear camber arms.

I'll assume everyone has done the free camber mod...

quirk - '12 CR MCS 6m, WP, MR, HK. Conti DWS, Kosei K4R, Hardened NM TA insert, NM strut bar, Rennline skidplate, WMW heat shield, Philips X-treme, OEM Lumbars, mudflaps & black trim, free camber mod, WeatherTech mats, RearGuard...

Not idea what you're talking about but I'd love to hear it

At least on 2nd gen, but I think on 1st also...

If your MINI is showing no signs of misalignment, and the plastic alignment pin is intact, loosen one strut top nut on each side and check that the stud in the middle of the slot. If it is on both sides, pull the alignment pin out, loosen all six nuts, and push the top if the tires in with your knee. Should get to the inside of the slot. Good for almost a half degree of extra negative camber. A bit more grip in corners, a bit less on-center deadness. Not dramatic, but noticeable.

Very easy on a new car, I did mine at about 2000 miles; might not be easy on one with 20000 miles. No problem with subsequent installation of NM strut brace, others might not work. Heck might not work on any other MINI, maybe I got lucky and your wheels will fall off.

Not my idea, got it from NAM. Search there for more info.

quirk - '12 CR MCS 6m, WP, MR, HK. Conti DWS, Kosei K4R, Hardened NM TA insert, NM strut bar, Rennline skidplate, WMW heat shield, Philips X-treme, OEM Lumbars, mudflaps & black trim, free camber mod, WeatherTech mats, RearGuard...

Do they mount and balance tires?

noon....because SOMEONEEEE :hmmmm: took all the earlier appointments.

Bwa ha ha ha ha the morning is MINE!!!!! Justin told me that it won't take an hour and a half for each MINI. You should show up earlier then we can hang out and if we're done early you can jump in.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Bwa ha ha ha ha the morning is MINE!!!!! Justin told me that it won't take an hour and a half for each MINI. You should show up earlier then we can hang out and if we're done early you can jump in.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

image.php?u=1185&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Do they mount and balance tires?

Yes they do. I don't know the price on that one but you can call and ask them. I got wheels mounted and balanced there and I think it was maybe $30 per wheel? I don't remember. I do know that they are more gentle than Merchants (Merchants and I have issues because they scratched 2 of my rims to hell when tires got mounted there).