FAST060

Spares for MINIs with big brakes

After seeing Mikes post in the Market Place for his Space Saver MINI Spare, I got to thinking about the new "Big Brakes" and my old spare.

Does anyone know if the "Big Brakes" will work with the Space Saver. I see a few options floating around the normal MINI community vendors but one specifically says it will not fit and others mentions shuffling a front tire to a blown rear tire and using the spare on the front. :dontknow:

When running Non-runflats, away from homeport, I like to have my spare. New MINI means I might need a new option for spare.

Input?

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

Well once I have my wheels back on, Craig gave me the idea of selling the steelies off my "Xbox" to DCMM. We can test fit them on your car one day and see if it works.

03 BRG MINI S: Sold!

05 PW Scion xB: D2 Coilovers, XXR 531 16x8, Yakima rack, Yakima basket, WINK, Plaid interior, and a whopping 108 HP!

Quitta,

You are not going to find any spare wheel that will fit those huge front brakes, short of an extra full size wheel & tire. They are just too big! Instead, what a lot of people do is buy the space saver spare, and if they ever get a flat tire on the front, they jack up the car, remove the rear wheel, move that wheel to the front, and then put the space saver spare on the rear.

Whoever you saw post about doing the opposite (moving a front wheel to the back, and putting the space saver on the front), had it backwards.

It's just the reality of the situation. The big brakes are worth it though! :biggrin:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

I have a MINI space saver for my JCW. For that wheel to fit over the

rear brakes you will need a 15mm spacer. I have an extra one I can

sell you. You will also need longer lug bolts and I think I have four I

don't need. Just a thought.

Well once I have my wheels back on, Craig gave me the idea of selling the steelies off my "Xbox" to DCMM. We can test fit them on your car one day and see if it works.

Ha ha, "XBox".

Quitta,

You are not going to find any spare wheel that will fit those huge front brakes, short of an extra full size wheel & tire. They are just too big! Instead, what a lot of people do is buy the space saver spare, and if they ever get a flat tire on the front, they jack up the car, remove the rear wheel, move that wheel to the front, and then put the space saver spare on the rear.

Whoever you saw post about doing the opposite (moving a front wheel to the back, and putting the space saver on the front), had it backwards.

It's just the reality of the situation. The big brakes are worth it though! :biggrin:

I think it was me that got it backwards.

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL"