ChrisTKD

Changing cabin air filter

on 1gen it really easy just pop off the cover and change. dont see why they decided to change the design

You must be pretty flexible to think it's an easy job :biggrin:

but yeah, for the first gen no tools needed. No matter what wear glasses to protect your eyes from the crap in that filter.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I wonder if it different in the r53 mine is really easy just pop the cover off and pull out the filter

Did you replace it with a carbon filter?

03 BRG MINI S: Sold!

05 PW Scion xB: D2 Coilovers, XXR 531 16x8, Yakima rack, Yakima basket, WINK, Plaid interior, and a whopping 108 HP!

Did you replace it with a carbon filter?

I haven't replaced it yet just took The filter out and beat the dust out

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

On an R56 do you use an allen wrench to open the cabin air filter housing? I've been trying all sizes but they don't seem to fit right.

This was my very first DIY Mod. Pics on FB! Too easy! The hard part was the two clips in the rear of the box.

Installed an Alta Drop Filter.

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

I hope you wore some sort of mask so you weren't breathing that crap in. What ever is in the filter, can't be good for your lungs

no didnt really think bout that :stupid: but i did turn my head so i weas breathing that stuff in

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.