TGGRRR (Ali)

Issues with Todd's Mods

At the Dragon Mark and I had Todd do some work and it was all fine, but he ran out of time to finish. He took Mark's black side scuttles to wrap with a red border and we never heard from him again. Mark has emailed him repeatedly and I have sent him an email to. No replies

At this point we're getting pretty annoyed since Mark pre-paid and the scuttles aren't cheap. He has the base on Max and it looks pretty crappy.

Any thoughts on how to get him to respond? This is ridiculous, it's been well over 2 months. Anyone know him that could get him to reply?

I may write Barry for his thoughts since he was an official vendor at the Dragon.

Thoughts?

Ali

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Ali - I know that there are some who rave about Todd but the experience that you and Mark have had resembles my experience with him.

In the months leading up to MOTD, I emailed him three times and I left a voice mail but I didn't get a response at all. This started as soon as it was announced that he'd be a vendor and I was ready to put stripes on Merlin.

My suggestion would be to email and call Todd again and if there's no response within a reasonable amount of time, let Barry know and then consider reaching out to the BBB for that area. I don't believe in character assassination so I wouldn't take this to other forums but if this is the standard of achievement that's set, it's only fair to let other members of the community know.

Good luck, please update this thread if you get any additional news.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Do you think he's doing anything with MTTS? I'm sure you've been contacting him before MTTS since the Dragon, but that could be why he's most recently unavailable. Does he have a facebook page? Perhaps reach out to him casually and publicly to see if he has time to respond to you there and prove he does do customer service.

Signature.JPG

Do you think he's doing anything with MTTS? I'm sure you've been contacting him before MTTS since the Dragon, but that could be why he's most recently unavailable. Does he have a facebook page? Perhaps reach out to him casually and publicly to see if he has time to respond to you there and prove he does do customer service.

I can't imagine it has anything to do with MTTS, Mark has been emailing him since late May, all he has to do is reply once. I think Mark has emailed 3 times and me once.

I'll try calling and if no help I'll speak to Barry.

Tggrrr010.jpg

Before MTTS he was also at MINI United, so he hasn't really had that much time since MOTD. That's not an excuse for not at least getting back to Mark, though.

We ordered our original DCMM grill badges through him and they took forever and there were lots of delays, which is why we switched vendors.

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

Yeah, 2 1/2 months to hold a customers parts without at least responding in some way isn't an acceptable business practice.

Yeah, with MOTD, MINI United (in France!) and MTTS all back-to-back, I'm not surprised that Todd hasn't had much time to get the work done. I too made a request for some work from Todd while at MOTD (nothing major - replacement stickers from the original 2006 MTTS), and he hasn't had time to do mine either.

That all being said, even if the schedule simply hasn't allowed time to get it all done (and likely won't until after MTTS is over), I agree that a sheer lack of communication is a serious problem.

My suggestion - wait until late next week, after MTTS (he's on the road with the group now, I believe he's going all the way to California and then driving back home to Kansas)... then hit him up again.

I'm also willing to reach out to him on behalf of all of us, if necessary. I have his cellphone number.

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Yeah, with MOTD, MINI United (in France!) and MTTS all back-to-back, I'm not surprised that Todd hasn't had much time to get the work done. I too made a request for some work from Todd while at MOTD (nothing major - replacement stickers from the original 2006 MTTS), and he hasn't had time to do mine either.

That all being said, even if the schedule simply hasn't allowed time to get it all done (and likely won't until after MTTS is over), I agree that a sheer lack of communication is a serious problem.

My suggestion - wait until late next week, after MTTS (he's on the road with the group now, I believe he's going all the way to California and then driving back home to Kansas)... then hit him up again.

I'm also willing to reach out to him on behalf of all of us, if necessary. I have his cellphone number.

That sounds like a good plan

I just wish he'd reply and say something.... I'll ping him again after MTTS, if no reply in a few days I'll let you know so you can call him.

Tggrrr010.jpg

I'm with Ali and Mark on this. Other vendors (not DCMM vendors, just vendors of products in the MINI community) have been taken to task publicly and driven out of business because of their lack of communication with the customers.

I would suggest pinging Todd now because it's not yours or Marks fault that Todd has opted to leave work undone and hit the road. If you don't stay on it, then it must not be important. All you are looking for are a few words via email for an update. You could be reliving Jules Vern's 80 days around the world but there's still time in the day to at least peck out a couple of words on a smart phone if you value the reputation of your business.

Edited by cmcveay

Craig - please note that at no time was I trying to excuse his lack of communication. I agreed (and still do) that it is unprofessional.

I was merely trying to give likely reasons why the work has not been completed. That's a separate issue from lack of communication.

It's up to Mark and Ali what they want to do. I have offered to try to facilitate if they like, especially as I have work waiting on Todd too... but ultimately it's their call.

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

I spoke to Mark and he has a business card so will call Todd himself. I've been more mad about this because those things were a surprise present from me when Mark bought Max.

I'm sure in the end Todd will send it, but I doubt I'll new doing business with him in the future.

Tggrrr010.jpg

I don't want to alarm you but I just went to Todd's webpage and it looks like web maintenance is something else that he hasn't been doing lately. He was hosting his gallery page at Apple's "Mobile Me" and it officially went offline at the end of June. It wasn't a sudden thing, it's been advertised for about a year now. Todd's web presence is now down to a link to MINI badges, a dead link to a photo gallery and a link to White Roof Radio.

I did find a blog that appears to be related to Todds Mods but it's not linked to from toddsmods.com so you have to get lucky and find it in the google search results. Good luck Ali, I hope this has a happy ending and Mark gets his scuttles back. In the meantime, we'll be installing that new suspension on Sunday morning! Max is gonna look really, really B.A. with his new stance!

Don't discount peer pressure. You can always make a post of NAM and Motoring Alliance about the problems you're having. I've seen the same thing work with Aesthetic Creations before. Normally, I'd say give him a chance, but you've gone way beyond at this point.

Todd applied the graphic on Bender. I'm disappointed to hear that you've had issues with contacting him - or rather, him reaching back out to you. I found him on Facebook and made contact that way.

Funny thing is, I talked to him every single day during MTTS. Had I known, I would have chatted him up. But, I didn't check the forums for most of the trip :\