EmilyR

MINI accident :(

So while waiting to get out of a parking lot today after my delicious Chipotle lunch, the car in front of me in the line decided to go full speed reverse right into my MINI. :frown: There's damage on the front :banghead: that I'm going to get them to pay for. So now the question is where to take it? Should I just take it to the dealership? Or does anyone have a better suggestion?

The damage isn't anything major, but it's definitely noticeable. Sad panda face.

I just got into a minor fender bender in Feb. and had to get a lot of work done on the rear drivers side. I took my MINI to NT Auto Body Inc. at

3945 Wheeler Avenue, Alexandria, VA 22304. They did a GREAT job on the car and provided good customer service to boot. I don't endorse anyone often, but these guys earned it.

Oh, how I feel your pain. I also had someone back into my MINI before I'd even made the first payment, but it was a hit & run:mad:

http://dcmetrominis.org/forum/topic/2018-arrgghhhhh-ive-been-hit/

As I am still under warranty I took it back to the dealership. Even though I know they will outsource it, the dealership will still be my single point of contact if there was an issue. PMoA also sent it to N&T, unfortunately my experience does NOT mirror batman73. The owner/manager is going to make it right (it hasn't happened yet due to my busy schedule) but the mistakes that I could easily find, and I'm not a gear head, were too numerous and make me wonder/worry about the things I can't see.

As the responsible party is paying for it I'd opt for going through the dealership and hopefully they will send it to the aforementioned collision center in Marlow Heights.

My condolences and good luck.

image.php?u=1046&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Yesterday I took my MINI back to NT for them to do the repairs they missed the first time...and took it back to them an hour later, after stopping at PMoA to confirm their work was flawed, for them to redo the 2nd set of repairs. I'm still not satisfied but to give my MINI to them a 4th time would only be asking them to really screw things up.

In no way, shape, form or fashion - at gunpoint or for a manila envelope - can I recommend NT.

P.S. - I found their "customer service" to be as marginal as their attention to detail and handiwork.

Edited by LostDenverite

We've done a ton of MINI's including two of mine. We are, however down here in Hampton Roads.

And for what it's worth, I hate when a customer has to return to my shop. Some shops just look at it as par for the course. Once you pay the bill, we shouldn't need to see each other unless there is another incident. Like the BRG Clubbie an HR MINI member picked up at 5 PM last Friday. You know, just before a big wind storm came through as he was driving home and did more damage than what we repaired from the prior incident.

We've done a ton of MINI's including two of mine. We are, however down here in Hampton Roads.

And for what it's worth, I hate when a customer has to return to my shop. Some shops just look at it as par for the course. Once you pay the bill, we shouldn't need to see each other unless there is another incident. Like the BRG Clubbie an HR MINI member picked up at 5 PM last Friday. You know, just before a big wind storm came through as he was driving home and did more damage than what we repaired from the prior incident.

I guarantee the customer hates "do overs" more than you do.