minime331

Rim protector

so i got an email form go badges awhile ago and they have these things that go around the edge of your rims to protect them from that deadly curb. i will be getting some of these to save my rims from further damage.

http://www.gobadges.com/GOBADGES-RIMBLADE-p/gobadges%20rimblades.htm

there kinda $$$ but i think its a trade off instead of destroying you wheels

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

+1 on Dale's comment and those that follow. Next time you are looking at tires, there are many brands that actually have a "shoulder" that helps protect the rim from curb rash.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

When I parallel park, I lower my mirror so I can see the curb. I've never scraped that way. (Until the next time a parallel park, of course).

I miss having cars that did this for me, both my A4 and my CC did that. Such a nice feature. You can normally find me half standing while parallel parking so I can see the curb. If you have memory seats and mirrors you can set a setting to the lowered mirror setting up.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I miss having cars that did this for me, both my A4 and my CC did that. Such a nice feature. You can normally find me half standing while parallel parking so I can see the curb. If you have memory seats and mirrors you can set a setting to the lowered mirror setting up.

I just lower my mirrors manually and raise it back up when I leave. I don't like the automatic ones. I don't always need to see the ground when I'm backing up.

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

I just lower my mirrors manually and raise it back up when I leave. I don't like the automatic ones. I don't always need to see the ground when I'm backing up.

The "coders" are looking for that option in the MINI since it's in most of the BMW's. We are also looking for the option that will make the powerfold mirrors fold/unfold when the car is turned off or on and THAT would be very cool!

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

i have only hit the curb once when i first got the car and sense then i haven't hit a curb like Laura said i lower the mirror to see the curb but i was just thinking for that extra protection. you should have seen the wheels on my step moms car i use to drive :D i DESTROYED them ....oops

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.