JAB 67

WTB low mileage OE R53 crank damper

I just replaced mine at 50K. I threw a code and Jan at RMW said that it was a sign that the damper was starting to wear out.

Since 2 others in the club just replaced theirs I decide to do preventive maintenance and replaced with a ATI.

You are more the welcome to take a look at the old one and decide if it is worth using.

2012 Jeep Rubicon

Seriously don't buy a used one, it's a big fail item on the mini. At least 3 of us on the forums have had ours fail in the last 9 months.

There's a new aftermarket one on NAM for $250, snatch it up!

http://www.northamericanmotoring.com/marketplace/showproduct.php?product=24596&title=crank-damper&cat=22

Alice Cooper - Hyper Blue R53 with a few light mods

???? - Montego Blue 335xi with even lighter mods

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

JAB - if you want to save a few pennies (okay, actually more than just a few $$), the install for that isn't all that hard at all.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Craig: Do you have the necessary tools with which to do this and if so, could I borrow? In particular, the puller and whatever it takes to get the new one started on the crank. TIA.

JAB 67

Fairfax, VA

2004 MCS, PW/B

JAB - Brian brought the puller with him and elpollodiablo had the belt tension tool. Those were the only two "special" tools that were needed. To install the new balancer, we heated the inner ring with my industrial heat gun and it slipped right on. Other than those two specific tools, I do have everything else.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold