bhegg

Another new MINI here

Hi everyone. My name is Brian. Looks like you have a great community of enthusiasts here and I look forward to becoming a full member.

About a month ago I purchased a new-to-me 2011 Horizon Blue Metallic MCS with < 7K miles. I was also considering a different make/model, but once I drove the MCS I didn't even need to drive the other one.

I've already started the modding process to make it "mine". My preference is handling since I like to take her (I don't have a name yet, but I'm working on it) to autocrosses and the occassional track day out at Summit Point.

I installed the ST coilovers this past weekend (love them, btw!). Would anyone have recommendations on a good Mini performance shop in the northern VA area for my alignment? I'm in Alexandria.

Thanks! I look forward to meeting up with you all.

Brian

Hi everyone. My name is Brian. Looks like you have a great community of enthusiasts here and I look forward to becoming a full member.

About a month ago I purchased a new-to-me 2011 Horizon Blue Metallic MCS with < 7K miles. I was also considering a different make/model, but once I drove the MCS I didn't even need to drive the other one.

I've already started the modding process to make it "mine". My preference is handling since I like to take her (I don't have a name yet, but I'm working on it) to autocrosses and the occassional track day out at Summit Point.

I installed the ST coilovers this past weekend (love them, btw!). Would anyone have recommendations on a good Mini performance shop in the northern VA area for my alignment? I'm in Alexandria.

Thanks! I look forward to meeting up with you all.

Brian

Welcome and congratulations on the MINI!!

Passport MINI has a really good alignment machine and they're in Alexandria. The other shop a lot of us use is Mach V in Sterling, VA.

Quite a few of us autocross with the BMW club. The next one is Saturday, April 21 at Bowie Baysox Stadium.

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

Welcome to the DCMM forums, Brian! :wavey: We hope you enjoy it here (and at our events) and decide to become a full member.

As Ali (TGGRRR) and Laura (GreenCactus) have mentioned, we have our first big driving event of the season, the Spring Fling, coming up this Sunday (the 15th), and the Saturday after that is the next monthly Meet N Greet, this time at MINI of Annapolis, as well as the BMWCCA autocross in Bowie, MD.

Hope you can make it on out!

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Welcome and look forward to meeting you soon!

When you get the alignment done, Dan and the guys at Mach V are very up on what kind of tweaks can be done to improve the MINI's handling for autocross.

I'll never forget the conversation I had with Dan one day in which he told me that the MINI could be set up so that it would swap ends in the driveway. With that in mind, the last time I had an adjustment done, I made them a little chart to show where I wanted it. On the left was "OEM" and to the right was "Swap ends in the driveway" and then, I drew a little "X" right in the middle. I did notice an improvement in understeer. The morale of the story? Tell 'em what you want and they should be able to get you hooked up (literally, on the course).

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

There's been such a huge difference since installing the coilovers and Vorshlag camber plates. Can't wait until Mach V gets things set up! If anyone has toe/camber suggestions for a daily driver that also likes to regularly participate in autocross and HPDE events I'm all ears.