ORazor

OXSpeed?

Hey all,

Just saw this new performance site in MD - http://www.oxspeed.com

They have a pretty interesting video up of their custom intake build.

Anyone have experience with them yet? Looks like a pretty auspicious start.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Stella" 2007 MCS, SS/B, Red Lounge Leather, WMW DV, NM Engineering TA, KIWI WIFI + Rev + KUDA

I can vouch for them. im going to go pick up my control arm bushing that they are pressing into the housings for me tomorrow. I know both of the owners of the shop. Jason, the guy from the video is a tech for Mini who also happens to be one of the owners. If you guys need work or advice you should check them out.:smile:

OXSpeed is only technically open Mon-Fri, but they were kind enough to schedule me in for this Saturday (they are bringing a tech in just for me). Pretty impressive.

Here's the real kicker:

Everyone knows that Jan from RMW usually swings through Mach V once a year to do tunes, right? Also, everyone knows that if you want to reflash your ECU to stock (for that trip to the dealer), and you want to put Jan's tune back on, you need to have a fancy and expensive European ECU flasher. Well, OXSpeed does their own MINI tuning, and the best part is that they use the Alta AccessPort for their custom ECU remaps!

Now, I'm a guy who has never had a custom tune, so I'm not the most knowledgeable on this. But I like the idea of (1) having the AccessPort capability so I can take the tunes on and off and (2) having a local place design custom tunes for me. Rick was telling me that all the employees have multiple tunes (one for good gas mileage for long trips, one "valet", if you have someone other than yourself driving your car, and then a performance one), all of which you can easily alternate between yourself because of the AccessPort! As you can probably tell, I'm pretty excited about this.

Now, is the performance tune as aggressive as Jan's tune? Absolutely no clue! But I put a premium on having control over my car and my tune (when I get one).

Anyway, I'll be reporting back regarding my Kuda mount install, but I can't wait to get a custom tune!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Stella" 2007 MCS, SS/B, Red Lounge Leather, WMW DV, NM Engineering TA, KIWI WIFI + Rev + KUDA

is there anything for the r53 like the Alta access port. if i remember correctly the access port does not work on r53

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

I've heard this too, would love to know if there's a way to reset a tune on a first gen

I'm pretty sure that the AccessPort does not work on the R53 :frown:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Correct, the access port doesn't work in the 1st Gen to upload/download tunes. I think it will work for data logging, monitoring and/or clearing codes though. I'm going to defer to Haemish, Alan, Brian or one of the 1st gen owners who would know if such a device does exist for them.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

There is a company Called Mynes/Bytetronik that has a MiniFlash FA53 Tuning Kit for the R53. Here is it's capabilties;

MINIFlash FA53 is a complete tuning kit that allows end-user to perform the following tasks:

1. Have complete access to the mapping inside the ECU with the ability to adjust over 30+ parameters that pertain to Air/Fuel, power delivery and drivability.

2. Have the option to make unlimited maps for various fuel types and perform map-switching via the use of your laptop on one VIN (one vehicle only) on the end user version.

3. Have the ability to Data-log 30+ parameters via the OBD Port for trouble-shooting and performance monitoring.

4. Have the ability to Read Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) and Clear them (unlimited vehicles).

5. Have the ability to Clear ECU Adaptations (unlimited vehicles).

Feature 1: ECU Adjustments. This allows the user to adjust the mappings inside the ECU and tune the engine to maximize the fuel that’s being used. Once you are satisfied with tune, you can save the map and reload it back into the ECU at any given time. This is only for one vehicle only and the cable stores the vehicle's VIN.

Feature 2: Map Switching. Once the maps are made (typically for 91 Octane, 93 Octane, 100 Octane, Methanol or E85 fuel), then you can simply switch it back by loading the particular map that best suits the situation. For instance, if you are currently running E85 but there are no E85 stations to be found nearby, then it would be wise to get your laptop out, load the “pump gas” map once you fill it up at the next gas station. In addition, you might want to clear the Adaptation while you’re at it.

Feature 3: Data Logging. If you want to see how the car is running while you’re driving. Simply disconnect the USB cable from the MINIport device (while leaving it connected to the car’s OBD-II port), and the data-logging feature is now active. Blinking red/green/blue lights indicate that the MINIport is actively logging 30+ parameter at 8 samples-per-second, and all this information is stored on the onboard micro-SD card. To view the logs, simply connect the USB cable to the MINIport device and you will see the data on your laptop (it will show up as a “Removable Storage Drive”).

Feature 4: Read DTCs and clear them. Is your MINI throwing a Check-Engine Light? Well, instead of reaching for the OBD Scanner, why not just turn on your laptop and see what’s causing the code. And once you find out what the code is about, you can always clear it thru the FA53 software. You can also use this function on other MINI owner vehicles too.

Feature 5: Clearing Adaptations. Is your car running sluggish lately? Well, check out the data-log and see if there’s anything that looks unusual. What about the “Long Term Fuel Trims”? Is the ECU learning some of your bad habits and over-compensating? If so, simply go to the FA53 GUI and clear the adaptation values. With the MINIflash, you don’t need a BMW Factory tool (GT1 or Autologic) to perform this task… simply select a command in FA53 and turn off the ignition for 5 minutes for permanent changes, then you should be good to go

Geno

image.php?u=888&type=sigpic&dateline=136

Hey all,

Got back from OXSpeed for my Kuda mount install. It looks great. The guys at OXSpeed are very professional and great to talk with. The owner (Rick) took me for a ride in his MINI JCW, which he has a custom OXSpeed turbo, clutch, intake, and exhaust. It was very, very impressive.

Major props go to Ray, the MINI tech that came in on a Saturday to help me out.

I highly recommend these guys for any work you have done on your MINI. They are new shop, but both of the techs make a living working exclusively on MINIs and are very performance minded.

These guys are going to do some pretty new and innovative things in the future for MINIs. I'm looking forward to being along for the ride.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There is a company Called Mynes/Bytetronik that has a MiniFlash FA53 Tuning Kit for the R53. Here is it's capabilties;

MINIFlash FA53 is a complete tuning kit that allows end-user to perform the following tasks:

1. Have complete access to the mapping inside the ECU with the ability to adjust over 30+ parameters that pertain to Air/Fuel, power delivery and drivability.

2. Have the option to make unlimited maps for various fuel types and perform map-switching via the use of your laptop on one VIN (one vehicle only) on the end user version.

3. Have the ability to Data-log 30+ parameters via the OBD Port for trouble-shooting and performance monitoring.

4. Have the ability to Read Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) and Clear them (unlimited vehicles).

5. Have the ability to Clear ECU Adaptations (unlimited vehicles).

Feature 1: ECU Adjustments. This allows the user to adjust the mappings inside the ECU and tune the engine to maximize the fuel that’s being used. Once you are satisfied with tune, you can save the map and reload it back into the ECU at any given time. This is only for one vehicle only and the cable stores the vehicle's VIN.

Feature 2: Map Switching. Once the maps are made (typically for 91 Octane, 93 Octane, 100 Octane, Methanol or E85 fuel), then you can simply switch it back by loading the particular map that best suits the situation. For instance, if you are currently running E85 but there are no E85 stations to be found nearby, then it would be wise to get your laptop out, load the “pump gas” map once you fill it up at the next gas station. In addition, you might want to clear the Adaptation while you’re at it.

Feature 3: Data Logging. If you want to see how the car is running while you’re driving. Simply disconnect the USB cable from the MINIport device (while leaving it connected to the car’s OBD-II port), and the data-logging feature is now active. Blinking red/green/blue lights indicate that the MINIport is actively logging 30+ parameter at 8 samples-per-second, and all this information is stored on the onboard micro-SD card. To view the logs, simply connect the USB cable to the MINIport device and you will see the data on your laptop (it will show up as a “Removable Storage Drive”).

Feature 4: Read DTCs and clear them. Is your MINI throwing a Check-Engine Light? Well, instead of reaching for the OBD Scanner, why not just turn on your laptop and see what’s causing the code. And once you find out what the code is about, you can always clear it thru the FA53 software. You can also use this function on other MINI owner vehicles too.

Feature 5: Clearing Adaptations. Is your car running sluggish lately? Well, check out the data-log and see if there’s anything that looks unusual. What about the “Long Term Fuel Trims”? Is the ECU learning some of your bad habits and over-compensating? If so, simply go to the FA53 GUI and clear the adaptation values. With the MINIflash, you don’t need a BMW Factory tool (GT1 or Autologic) to perform this task… simply select a command in FA53 and turn off the ignition for 5 minutes for permanent changes, then you should be good to go

Geno

would you know the cost off hand or a place that i could get one

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

also would that flash thing from rmw that tggrr was talking about in another thread be the same as the miniflash fa53 and access port

I'm pretty sure that's a different device. Jan's flash tool and the access port are for 2nd Gen's only. The FA53 is for 1st Gen only.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

I'm pretty sure that's a different device. Jan's flash tool and the access port are for 2nd Gen's only. The FA53 is for 1st Gen only.

What I posted is from Jan for the R53. I just don't know how it's different from the MINIFlash FA53

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Im glad you liked them. They are good friends of mine :smile:

Rick's mini is a monster!

This is the understatement of the century. The absolute savagery of his acceleration is a thing of beauty. When he opens it up, it's like the world stops spinning.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You can go to Mynes/Byteronik on the internet. You can join their forum and get a more thorough description of their product. Here is the price but, they want you to buy 550 injectors, but you don't need them. I would reccomend either going to 380's or 440's. That's what I have heard through other Mini Heads out there.

Well, as the release date is coming around the corner, it's only fair that we announce the pricing for the Bytetronik MINIFlash FullAccess Tuning Software.

Item Description Regular Price Packaged Price 1 MINIFlash Tuning Kit* $750.00 $750.00* 2Bosch 550cc Injectors with connectors $325.00 $275.00 3OBD II Extension Cable (6-feet) $15.00 $12.00 4DataViewer Software to view your datalogs $100.00 $65.00 5Innovate #3844 (MTX-L) Wideband Kit $199.00 $185.00 6Innovate #3812 (Serial Patch cable) $13.75 $12.00 7Previously "Mynes Tuned Customers" -$200.00**

Geno

image.php?u=888&type=sigpic&dateline=136