GreenCactus

Annual Post-Holiday Party at The Black Squirrel

Hey Laura - we are always looking for folks to organize the monthly dinners. The places we go for those are always selected by a member. Organizing it pretty much means picking a day/date/time and send the information to either Marty (mbongers) or I and we'll put it on the calendar with an RSVP option. Then, you'd just have to make the reservations if they are needed for the place. If you'd like to throw a few ideas out to the crowd before selecting, we can set up a poll in the "events planning and feelers" area, create a poll for location or places or both. Then, you can pick what's gonna work and send it. There's really not much effort involved in it and it would be great if we had members fighting over it because the dinners seem to be pretty popular.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

i am going to try to make it. i get off work at 7 so if you all are going to still be there then i will be there

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

Thanks for the suggestion, Laura - that might be a good place to check out for a future event, like one of our monthly club dinners (or lunches). :smile:

I've been to Ray's Hell Burger in Arlington (my take - good but not quite worth the level of fuss over it... I lean towards Five Guys), but I've never been to a Ray's The Steaks.

I have never been to a Ray's The Steaks, but my roommate and his girlfriend have a few times and claim that it is extremely good. I want to try it out one day

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Laura - I learned to drive in DC myself (also stick), many years ago. I hear what you are saying about Adam's Morgan - parking in that area can be a nightmare, both in terms of availability (especially on weekend nights!) and in terms of dents and general carelessness.

However, in this case, those problems are mitigated by two factors:

1. The event is on a Sunday evening, not a Friday or Saturday night

2. The parking garage is available (I certainly plan on using it!)

If a bunch of us use the parking garage, we'll likely end up parking next to one another, which often happens at these types of events. Safety in numbers! Who can you trust to not dent your MINI but a fellow MINI owner?

As for your friends who are "afraid" to drive in DC, it's largely irrational, and you know that. :smile: The solution to overcome that fear is to actually do it. Yes, parts of DC are "bad" in terms of the crime rate... but we don't have events in those areas. I too have had friends with the same fear, and I just tell them to "man up" and that it's really not the post-apocalyptic anarchy they seem to imagine. Incidentally, I also have other friends with a similarly irrational fear of driving outside their state... in other words, Marylanders who don't want to go into Virginia, and Virginians who don't want to go into Maryland. It's just a river, people! :stupid:

Navigation systems have largely solved the "I don't know where I'm going and don't want to get lost in an area I don't know" issue.

The bottom line is this - we are DC Metro MINIs, and we should definitely be including DC proper in our coverage area. I'm actually kinda happy that we're having an official DCMM event hosted entirely in DC for a change. :biggrin: I hope that you and your fiancé can still make it!

The only issue I have with DC is that every time I go there for dinner or something, I never allocate myself enough time to park/walk to the location, so I am late for everything. My own fault, I guess :p

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The only issue I have with DC is that every time I go there for dinner or something, I never allocate myself enough time to park/walk to the location, so I am late for everything. My own fault, I guess :p

Ryan

This isn't a sit down dinner. Don't let that kind of thing worry you. Just get there, park and show up. It's casual

Ali

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Also, the garage is less than a block away. There shouldn't be an issue with finding parking unless you want to park on the street.

Since we have the entire floor to ourselves, there's no need to worry about not being on time or not having a seat. It's lounge seating, so small benches and tables and a bar.

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

FYI...

If you are under 21, please let me know if you are coming by Sunday afternoon. I need to give the Squirrel a list. Thanks!

sadly i am under 21 :(:(:(

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

If anyone is planning on taking Metro, there are a few options.

Take the Red Line to Woodley Park - Zoo - Adams Morgan, walk south from the station to Calvert, East on Calvert to 18th Street and south on 18th. It's about a 15 minute walk.

You could also take the Green line to either U Street or Columbia Heights. They would be about a 20-minute walk from either, with U Street being slightly closer.

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186