minime331

Question about Bonnet Lighting

so i am going to be getting some driving lights for my r53 mcs in the near future. I have been looking at some after market lights and the question i have is what do you all think about the bonnet mounting brackets? i was wondering if they wobble a lot while driving?

here is a link to show you want i might get

http://www.outmotoring.com/mini-cooper/mini_cooper_bonnet_mounted_driving_light_brackets.html

also i was looking at getting instead of the bonnet ones i was going to get these

http://www.outmotoring.com/mini-cooper/mini-cooper-driving-light-brackets.html

so what is your thought on the bonnet mounts and have you seen any problems with them, do they hold on well, hows the build quality, and so on

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

I got some 6" Hellas, both driving lights and fogs. They're mounted on my grille. They wobble a bit, but not so much as to be problematic. The factory fogs were disconnected, but the Hella fogs still switch on/off with the panel fog switch. The driving lights have a separate switch.

I've had them for so long, that I'm not 100% sure where I got the mounting brackets, but it might have been from OutMotoring....they kind look familiar.

I highly recommend looking at Hellas as they have a wide variety of lights.

Good luck!

+1 for the Hella lights as Katie said.

Also, +1 for the VIP Custom Parts. I had their cat back exhaust on Archie and the quality of the work and materials was absolutely first rate. RyanBlue can attest to it as well since he's now got the exhaust.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Also, +1 for the VIP Custom Parts. I had their cat back exhaust on Archie and the quality of the work and materials was absolutely first rate. RyanBlue can attest to it as well since he's now got the exhaust.

is your exahust for an r53 mcs?

yea im also deciding on i want to run two driving lights, or 2 driving and 2 fog, or 4 driving ? so many choices

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

is your exahust for an r53 mcs?

yea im also deciding on i want to run two driving lights, or 2 driving and 2 fog, or 4 driving ? so many choices

The exhaust is for a R56. I can in fact attest to its awesomeness. I love it!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

so with the fog+driving light combo is it better to have the fog on the outside or in the middle? so it would be

driving-fog-fog-driving

or

fog-driving-driving-fog

which is the better way b/c i think i am going with that combo 2 driving and to fog

so with the fog+driving light combo is it better to have the fog on the outside or in the middle? so it would be

driving-fog-fog-driving

or

fog-driving-driving-fog

which is the better way b/c i think i am going with that combo 2 driving and to fog

Mine are set 4 square, i.e. 2 driving lights, then 2 fogs directly underneath them...think of a square, with lights at each corner. Have had them that way for years and it seems to work.