cmcveay

Need/Want to Buy

Hey everyone, I need to see if there's anyone here in DCMM Land that can help me out.

I don't know how, I don't know when, I don't know why but, I've managed to lose my OEM hood scoop. I put it on last week and today, it's gone. I'm sure nobody stole it or anything but I can assure you, I didn't see if flash in front of my face as it blew off somewhere on the beltway.

I need to see if anyone has either a black or Laser Blue hood scoop. If it's OEM, I'll work on replacing it but I'm afraid that I'm going to get backed into a corner with the new car coming in a little over a week and I don't want to try to trade the car in without a scoop...

Anyone out there have a scoop in the closet that I can make a deal with you on?

I'll even go one farther if you are on the fence. I've got an M7 Ram 2 scoop that's painted in a matte black that you can either borrow or trade. Yep, I need a scoop that bad!

Thanks,

Craig

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Wow! That's just weird! I watched you unwrap it from the plastic wrap and install it the other day and it looked fine sans the grill. I can't understand how it could have come off without you seeing it happen. I hope you find a replacement!

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

.. if anyone has either a black or Laser Blue hood scoop.

Listen, my LB hood scoop is slightly warped in the middle - I guess it's from the heat. I know some folks got it successfully replaced under warranty, but I never bothered since the bent is minimal, and from my experience dealing with Mini SAs is more like begging, which I hate to do. But if you have good relationships with someone who can help getting my current scoop replaced under warranty, that what happens to the old one is up to the scoop...

Listen, my LB hood scoop is slightly warped in the middle - I guess it's from the heat. I know some folks got it successfully replaced under warranty, but I never bothered since the bent is minimal, and from my experience dealing with Mini SAs is more like begging, which I hate to do. But if you have good relationships with someone who can help getting my current scoop replaced under warranty, that what happens to the old one is up to the scoop...

David Rockwell replaced mine at Passport in Alexandria with no hassles at all. :smile:

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

uumm...we've got all sorts of scoops floating around our garage!:rock: my dad has a carbon fiber one on now, and idk if i have a pure silver or my midnight black one on my car right now since it plasti dipped but ill do some digging when i get home and see what i find!:top:

:party::party:

:marshmellow: :marshmellow: :sheep: :marshmellow: :marshmellow:

:party::party:

I have no idea what a scoop is... ???
Catalina - it's the mail slot-looking thing on the bonnet of every Cooper S and JCW MINI, including yours. :biggrin:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

I was just sitting here, giggling like a little girl to myself trying to figure out how I was going to explain that. Mail slot is pretty much perfect!

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

You've got mail.... :pcguru:

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com