SpankyandAndy

Clear bra & window tint local vendor search

Hi, everyone. I am new to both your forum and MINI's. I ordered my Spice Orange R57 July 12th, from MoA and want to get both a clear bra and window tinting within a day of delivery. I apologize if this is a redundant question....but does anyone have a recommendation for a local vendor to install a clear bra and/or window tinting? I called a place in Rockville, but I was hoping there would be a great installer closer to Alexandria.

Thanks.

Hi, everyone. I am new to both your forum and MINI's. I ordered my Spice Orange R57 July 12th, from MoA and want to get both a clear bra and window tinting within a day of delivery. I apologize if this is a redundant question....but does anyone have a recommendation for a local vendor to install a clear bra and/or window tinting? I called a place in Rockville, but I was hoping there would be a great installer closer to Alexandria.

Thanks.

Lots of threads on this topic, but, I will still offer out California Tint at Tysons Corner. Dave did a great job on mine at a super reasonable price.

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en&safe=off&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1366&bih=705&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=california+tint+va&fb=1&gl=us&hq=california+tint&hnear=0x884cd670bdbcb2cd:0xc04e4149b746a695,Virginia&cid=7174581778144808248&ei=kac4TtPWBIXc0QGK1oH6Aw&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=placepage-link&resnum=1&ved=0CBwQ4gkwAA

WASABIFINAL.jpg.7de341e2df68d8efd5c1485317941c11.jpg

flickr

I'll second Jono's comment on Dave's work at California Tint. I just had Merlin's tint done this morning and Dave did a great job at a good price! He may become a vendor as well so that'll be even cooler to have a tint guy in NOVA instead of having to drive all the way to Laurel!

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

I'll second Jono's comment on Dave's work at California Tint. I just had Merlin's tint done this morning and Dave did a great job at a good price! He may become a vendor as well so that'll be even cooler to have a tint guy in NOVA instead of having to drive all the way to Laurel!

Great to hear, and great news!!

WASABIFINAL.jpg.7de341e2df68d8efd5c1485317941c11.jpg

flickr

Cali Tint is where I took BLUR to get her Tint Stripe. Great service and nice location compared to Laurel. Is Carlos even out there anymore?

So is Merlin VA Legal or did the bad cherub :evil: win that argument?

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

the number for Solar Solutions (Carlos) has been disconnected and I don't think anyone has heard from him. That's a great loss because Carlos did good work with great prices - despite the journey it took to visit.

Merlin is VA legal but the "sun strip" might be just a shade on the "other than legal" side.

I'm glad to see all the recommendations for Cali Tint, Kattiya and I are wanting to get this long overdue job done on the Acura and the MINI. Do they offer any club discounts for us?

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

Not yet Alan but he did give me a nice cash discount. Take the MINI and talk up the idea of him becoming a vendor! I gave him a vendor application.

My experience/outcome with Cal Tint on my 2009 Clubby is not as good as reported in the other posts to this message. Over the past two years, I have noticed little bubble-like imperfections in every one of the side/rear windows tinted. Moon roof remaims solid. Sorry to report this but I wish I had gone to Laurel at the time. If you would like to see my car, please let me know.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rut Roh!!!

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com