thedonva

WTB Winter Wheels / Tires

I'm looking for a set of winter wheels / tires, basically as long as they are not summer tires I'm interested. If you have any for sale I can come pick them up tomorrow or next week. I'm about to place an order on discount tire direct and will try and hold out for a couple more days. :top:

I have a set of 17" S-lites with Bridgestone Potenza GO19 that I have thought about selling. They do have some curb rash but the tires are in great shape with low mileage. Looking for about $500 for the set and I am located in Chantilly. I can post some photos later today. They are off a 05 Cooper S.

2012 Jeep Rubicon

From what I have seen on prior threads the 1st Gen should work on the newer Mini's.

Here is a link addressing wheel fitment. http://dcmetrominis.org/forum/topic/1206-2nd-gen-wheels-on-a-1st-gen-car/

I will post some photo this evening. Like I mention the wheels so have curb rash but they can be touched up and the tires are practically new.

I love the Bridgestones but when I bought my new rims it was cheaper just to have new tires mounted and then shipped to me.

2012 Jeep Rubicon

Only thing with 2010 is the tpms is different so the flat light will be on, this happens to me on my 2010 which i just put a piece of black tape over

2010 MCS Laurel edition RMW Tune ;-), ALTA FMIC, Invidia Q300 Exhaust, NM Eng. CAI, NM Discharge pipe, NM Charge pipe, NM Strut brace, Open hood scoop, Stri Boost gauge, Craven Speed shiftwell(black), BSH CC, and many more goodies!.

Who needs that garbage anyway, i just literally put tape over the light.

2010 MCS Laurel edition RMW Tune ;-), ALTA FMIC, Invidia Q300 Exhaust, NM Eng. CAI, NM Discharge pipe, NM Charge pipe, NM Strut brace, Open hood scoop, Stri Boost gauge, Craven Speed shiftwell(black), BSH CC, and many more goodies!.

Who needs that garbage anyway, i just literally put tape over the light.
If you happen to be someone who has runflats (whether by choice or not), the TPMS is very important. I agree it's not so important with non-runflats though.

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Thanks for the tips on TPMS, I'm thinking about ordering standard (non-run flat) tires and the guy at discount tire direct said I could forgo the TPMS sensors for the winter. I'm still looking for tires but will order mine from DTD tomorrow if I don't come across anything.

I've got nothing against Discount Tire Direct, I've just found that they tend to have fewer choices than Tire Rack. I usually check both when I'm shopping for tires anyway.

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

I would check with your dealer, but I believe the TPMS system will work with your winter wheels. The way you can fix the TPMS system is by resetting it with the new wheels and then driving for a couple of miles. This is because the Cooper TPMS system is an Indirect TPMS.

There is a sensor that monitors the RPM of each wheel. When one wheel loses enough pressure the circumference is reduced and that wheel will spin faster and therefore triggers the warning light. The reset feature starts the measurement all over again the next time you drive the car and basically resets all 4 wheels.

Because it does not use a direct pressure sensor, it should (theoretically) work with any wheel/tire combination provided all 4 are the same size.

Most, but not all 16s can fit over the 2nd Gen Cooper S (front) brakes... I hope you did a test fit to be sure!

However, if you ended up buying Jim/carman63's Bridge spokes (aka R94) in Post #10 above, you'll be fine, they'll fit over your factory brakes.