ppantham

Info regarding stripes for Clubman and installation dealer in Northern VA area

Alrighty then.

I tried to have the offset center stripes I found here www.minimotoringgraphics.com ordered and put on my car instead of the existing ones and N&T just called to say PMoA can only order one of two types of stripes for my car, twin down the sides or twin down the middle. PMoA says they don't do business with that company.

Am I mistaken that "that company" is a MINI company...or not exactly?

image.php?u=1046&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Alrighty then.

I tried to have the offset center stripes I found here www.minimotoringgraphics.com ordered and put on my car instead of the existing ones and N&T just called to say PMoA can only order one of two types of stripes for my car, twin down the sides or twin down the middle. PMoA says they don't do business with that company.

Am I mistaken that "that company" is a MINI company...or not exactly?

I think they work *with* MINI, but they aren't the same.

Also, their prices are insanely high!!

Check out these places:

www.cooperflags.com

www.mightystripes.com

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

Check out these places:

www.cooperflags.com

www.mightystripes.com

Yup, yup. Those were on my list, but my car will be ready before those parts could get in, that's why I was going through (what I thought was) MINI ordering.

Right now they're on track to put it back the way it was, and then I can pay to have somebody take the "old" stripes off and put on whatever I may want. Rework is a personal pet peeve, and paying for rework really knots my stomach.

Dunno. May go with the flow and deal with it another time in the future. Window-shop longer for exactly what floats my boat instead of settling based on a deadline. N&T is speculating I could have my buggy back by Sat if they stay on course with the stock stuff. And the Chevy Impala I'm currently sporting from Enterprise just isn't doing it for me.

2011-Chevy-Impala-LS.jpg

[proffessor farnsworth] Good News everyone! [/proffessor farnsworth]

I spoke with the guy at http://www.pcsgraphix.com/ and went ahead and ordered my replacement stripes. He said it would be 100$ installed.

ALSO, he is working on some designs for the Gen 1 under bonnet eyeball stickers!!!

ALSO ALSO!!! He is VERY interested in becoming a DCMM vendor!

So Will, if you are interested, he should be installing my stripes next Wed. I can take pics and show it off when it's done and you can see if you want to contact him.

Ali, I need paperwork and process stuff. When he is officially a Vendor I will start up a new thread and stop hijacking others! :stupid:

Steve "Wizzer" P.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]2009 MINI Clubman S R55 "BATTPODD"

I spoke with the guy at http://www.pcsgraphix.com/ and went ahead and ordered my replacement stripes. He said it would be 100$ installed.

ALSO, he is working on some designs for the Gen 1 under bonnet eyeball stickers!!!

So Will, if you are interested, he should be installing my stripes next Wed. I can take pics and show it off when it's done and you can see if you want to contact him.

Ali, I need paperwork and process stuff. When he is officially a Vendor I will start up a new thread and stop hijacking others! :stupid:

Sending it now, please understand I have no access to Gmail or Facebook from work. So I can't do any of this stuff till I get home.

He sounds like a cool new vendor and will be a great benefit to the club.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

:laugh: No hijack interpreted here, it's still all about stripes! :laugh:

Update on my buggy:

• The probability is high - but not yet 100% - that I will get my baby back this Sat

• I am getting different stripes, but just the stock sport stripe which includes the center boot. It's the only option under PMoA and anything else would incur a delay that Geico isn't going to pay for, and/or having the newly reinstalled stripes taken off shortly after. I'll probably do it at a much later date (e.g., 365 days from now) and window shop until something strikes a chord

• John has reconfirmed with N&T that he can put the Clear Bra on after only 3-days...but I'm apprehensive as everybody has said 3-weeks. I don't know if the technology has changed or something, but I'm going to investigate further. Nonetheless, if I'm bringing my buggy back to SS, there's no reason for me to travel back to NOVA just for that. I'm sure I can find a recommended/qualified vendor closer to home.

i got my strips put on at passport i orderd a set of SPORT STRIPS and had them put on for about 200 ish (labor and parts) which i dont think was that bad the person who did them did a nice job

472374_3634376971001_1021497688_33338709_1975238326_o.jpg

Edited by minime331

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

Very nice Chris, are they on the boot too?

I just happened to be there getting an oil change on Tigger when Chris was getting the stripes on. They did boot and bonnet. the installer was really careful and there wasn't a bubble that I could find. It was fun watching him work.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

there is just one small bubble next to the wiper but i can push that one out its not a problem at all

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

John/SuperStripes who is doing the work for N&T says he is also the primary vendor for PMoA.

My insurance will cover replacement of the bonnet stripes, I have to pay the difference for the addition of the boot stripes, so my buggy will appear thus:

1.jpg

I did want something a wee bit different, but this will work for now. Like Ali is doing with Tigger, I'll probably revamp my "MINI With No Name" in later years.

I have my own roll of flat black vinyl and just cut/installed them myself. It's very easy to install.

But post pics once you get them! :laugh:

03 BRG MINI S: Sold!

05 PW Scion xB: D2 Coilovers, XXR 531 16x8, Yakima rack, Yakima basket, WINK, Plaid interior, and a whopping 108 HP!