JustJAY

GoPro issues with Followers

Hey all,

I just looked at the videos and with all my footage, there is not much that can be used. Here is what I have noticed while on the runs.

Perhaps I am just OLD SKOL DCMM RUNNER, but we used to pack ourselves in a group meaning we were pretty close to one another.

Looking at the videos from today and the past with the camera mounted on the back, the follower is, most of the time it seems, like 4-6 MINIs behind. Well, on these GoPros because of the use of the fisheye lens, the follower looks like a mini MINI.

Now, I am not saying tailgate every MINI that is in front of you, but if you see a GoPro on the back of a MINI, get closer so than it can see you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Jay,

You are correct. The fisheye lens doesn't give you much range or it looks like you are a couple of city blocks away. The exception of course is unless you are actually laying around in front of one of these mighty gems. If you are doing that, it looks like the video at this link.... Anyone recognize the "players"?

files.me.com/cmcveay1/prowe9.mov

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Jay,

You are correct. The fisheye lens doesn't give you much range or it looks like you are a couple of city blocks away. The exception of course is unless you are actually laying around in front of one of these mighty gems. If you are doing that, it looks like the video at this link.... Anyone recognize the "players"?

files.me.com/cmcveay1/prowe9.mov

:wavey: :rofl: :hahaha: I just summed up the video with these emoticons!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can imagine. On Tar Heel's Blue Ridge Parkway Tour last weekend, some of the drivers let the car in front of them get out of sight. No one was exceeding the speed limit by more the just a few, yet others were holding up quite a few MINI's. And this was after drivers meeting on both Friday and Saturday telling people to keep up. You wouldn't have seen anything on a Go Pro with them!