Cadbury

Recommendation for NoVa Tire care

Hi... new to Northern Virginia... and I need to have my tires rotated.

I know nothing about car repair shops in the east.

In the west, there are places that will rotate and repair flats for free if they do the install.

Any recommendations for places in the east with the same sort of customer care?

Don't need new tires yet, but would like to start the relationship building now.

Thanks!

Hey Cadbury, it's been a while since we met at the Autocross in Waldorf.

Places like Sears, Firestone and the like will do the flat repairs and rotations if you buy/have your tires installed by them. For a simple rotation, if you and the hubby can't do it, there are several of us that can assist and get it done pretty quickly.

Look forward to seeing you at some of the local events though!

Craig

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Thanks Craig!

Yes, been a while... went on a nice vacation, training for a 10-mile run (argh!), and generally keeping busy with work, so haven't made it out to the track - or an event =( - yet.

The scavenger hunt this past weekend looked like it must have been REALLY fun. I have the cherry picking on the calendar so I hope to see you then - if not before.

Eric and I don't have the right jacks to lift up a whole side to switch tires.

We are driving down to Williamsburg for Memorial day, and I was hoping to switch the tires around before then.

I also know that my tires wear funny - thanks negative camber - so figured I'd get them balanced at the same time.

Happy to take advice and offers of assistance if its feasible before Sat :-)

thanks!

Lisa

Mach V did my rotation. :rock:

I got new shoes at the time but I am sure that is a common service for them.

~Q~

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

and the winner is...?

MachV.

Took the MINI up this morning... rotated front to back, thank you MachV

However, one tire has a problem due to VA potholes, so getting 2 new fronts on Thurs (Michelin all weather performance, thank you Tire Rack) - and a new strut (thank you VA DOT!).

thank YOU all for your help!

Lisa

Lisa,

I just PM'd you and then I read to the bottom of the post. Glad you go 'em moved around and I'm really glad you found that one of them has/had a defect so it doesn't cause you any problems on the road! Hope you like the guys out at Mach V, Dan and the crew take good care of us.

Craig

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

It's been nearly a year since your request. But I still like to share the idea of visiting Radial Tire in Silver Spring. For years I went there for new tires on my BMWs and have since used them for 2 other cars. The mention of Firestone or Sears here made my stomach curdle!!!

Thanks Craig!

Yes, been a while... went on a nice vacation, training for a 10-mile run (argh!), and generally keeping busy with work, so haven't made it out to the track - or an event =( - yet.

The scavenger hunt this past weekend looked like it must have been REALLY fun. I have the cherry picking on the calendar so I hope to see you then - if not before.

Eric and I don't have the right jacks to lift up a whole side to switch tires.

We are driving down to Williamsburg for Memorial day, and I was hoping to switch the tires around before then.

I also know that my tires wear funny - thanks negative camber - so figured I'd get them balanced at the same time.

Happy to take advice and offers of assistance if its feasible before Sat :-)

thanks!

Lisa