nlwilkinson

Bluetooth install

Integrating with the controls on the steering wheel will require either one of the OEM Bluetooth solutions (there are 2 different ones for 1st Gen MINIs like yours, nlwilkinson), or a special 3rd-party unit that has been specifically designed to take advantage of the buttons.

I doubt that anything found in a retail store (other than the MINI dealer of course) is going to work with the steering wheel buttons. Installation ease will depend entirely on your comfort level with pulling panels open to install stuff on your MINI.

I have the higher-end OEM Bluetooth module on my MINI. It was NOT cheap (to say the least), but it's the only one that also integrates with my factory Nav screen, so that's why I justified it for myself!

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

It's always easy to justify buying presents for the MINI

Do you think the OEM blue tooth would work well enough with the convertible?

Hard to say for sure, but I'd say probably not... at least not without the top up.

A Bluetooth earpiece will definitely get better results with the wind noise.

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

Sounds like a good excuse to not answer any calls when you're motoring to me. :motor: :biggrin:

However, Nigel, the OP... appears to have a hardtop MINI so the question is still valid. Nigel, I'll be happy to share my experiences and knowledge with you but I think you'll be in for sticker shock unless you opt for one of the less expensive aftermarket solutions.

It's not like I can hear the ph ring anyway with the radio on.

:motor::rock:

...unless of course you do indeed have integrated Bluetooth which cuts the music off when a call comes in. :flute: