1car-nut

Recommended Non-Dealer for Early Oil Change?

I'm with ya JAB. I'm sure "any grease monkey" wouldn't mind jumping under it to have a go but that doesn't mean they have any idea what they are doing. I'm happy to take my free oil change from MINI and I'll have Dan and the guys do one or two between those freebies. As far as synthetic, both of our cars now require it per manufacturer specs so that's what goes in.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

yes i agree totally..free changes at the dealership (when the computer says so) but i will drive out to mach v in between (every 7k)..also recommend synthetic (motul is what dan uses?) for any/all new autos..hmmm i dont think i would ever let mr.tire etc touch my camden--im the typical MINI owner?

hmmm.... how about Passport MINI for $79.95 plus tax? Probably cheaper than most other places, and you get to have a MINI-trained technician check out your car (who ONLY works on MINI's)! How many places can say that? :top:

Only places that charge way too much. :hahaha:

5 quarts of Amzoil, and filters bought at the dealer with our discount. About ten minutes of my time. under $60 and I don't need an appointment for my driveway.

Only places that charge way too much. :hahaha:

5 quarts of Amzoil, and filters bought at the dealer with our discount. About ten minutes of my time. under $60 and I don't need an appointment for my driveway.

That's fine if you're comfortable with doing it yourself, but a lot of MINI owners out there (most of them, I'd venture) would rather pay the extra $20 or so to have someone else do it.

Different strokes for different folks!

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

It's been awhile, but Scoopie's been 2 Curry Auto Service 4 Scoopie's oil change, and they are gr8 guys, 2. Oil change a coupla years ago was around $80--don't know what they charge now. Definitely MINI-friendly folk.

Did you see this Groupon this AM?

Conventional-Oil Change and Tire Rotation or Synthetic-Oil Change at Curry's Auto Service (Up to 61% Off) http://www.groupon.com/deals/currys-auto-service-1?utm_campaign=UserReferral&utm_medium=email&utm_source=uu1678565

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

That's fine if you're comfortable with doing it yourself, but a lot of MINI owners out there (most of them, I'd venture) would rather pay the extra $20 or so to have someone else do it.

Different strokes for different folks!

Yeah, for me its just not worth the possibility of me screwing something up, combined with the fact that I live in a townhouse, so work space is at a premium.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Same here Ryan but I'm lucky to have access to the auto hobby shop at Bolling or Ft. Belvoir. The downside is that the car is so hot by the time I get there. Now that we are moving and I'll have a garage to work in, I'll go back to doing my own oil changes in both cars. I keep an eye on the OEM filter sales and get the filter, filter canister O-ring and drain plug crush washer pretty darn cheap. The last time, I bought a complete set if 6 and Jim Carman and I split the costs and filters for a great deal.

Once we are moved in and I've got the garage set up, we can discuss opening the MINI DIY in Fairfax...

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Same here Ryan but I'm lucky to have access to the auto hobby shop at Bolling or Ft. Belvoir. The downside is that the car is so hot by the time I get there. Now that we are moving and I'll have a garage to work in, I'll go back to doing my own oil changes in both cars. I keep an eye on the OEM filter sales and get the filter, filter canister O-ring and drain plug crush washer pretty darn cheap. The last time, I bought a complete set if 6 and Jim Carman and I split the costs and filters for a great deal.

Once we are moved in and I've got the garage set up, we can discuss opening the MINI DIY in Fairfax...

You will have a dollar bill up on your wall with my name on it, as I will be your first customer! :top:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]