urayamu

2 MINIs in the house???

I went to the dealership with intent to trade in the R56 cooper (auto) since I felt it needs more horses. After test driving the JCW I realized that this beast of a car might be too much for the Mrs. to handle. Thats what made me hesitate in getting the car this afternoon.

Now I am seriously contemplating of trading in my Infiniti FX for a JCW so me and the Mrs. would have our own mini's each. I know I'm going to be losing the extra space and comfort if I go for the JCW but the works cars is just soo much FUN! :motor:

Sorry for the rant but I just want to hear others opinion and what you would do if you were in my shoes... :questionmark:

My husband bought his first MINI in 2006, and he's on MINI #3 now. We kept trading them in, thinking we needed more room for various reasons (the latest reason being the birth of our second child a year ago). But he always went back to the MINI because, well, it gets in your blood.

I always lived vicariously through his MINIs and settled for several different cars, among them an Explorer, a BMW wagon, a *gulp* minivan. I was never happy.

Finally, and this is the point of my story, I got a Clubman about 2 months ago and we are officially a 2-MINI family. We have a 5-year-old and a 1-year-old, if that gives you any insight into our space needs. We are managing just fine and I wouldn't go back to a bigger car for anything. I just am too passionate about my cars, and with the exception of the Bimmer, I never really loved anything I drove; I just drove what was practical.

Bottom line: If you love the MINI, get one (or in your case, two!). You will make it work, it may take a few sacrifices, but it can be done. You will be much happier in the long run. :)

- Cindy B.

Carmen: 2008 MCS Clubman CR

Everybody has covered most of the things ya need to know so far, so I'll just agree and say we're a two MINI family too. The kid has a 07 pearl yellow MCS and we have a 09 Clubman S. I got ours, because when he went away to college, I lost my fun car. Of course we had to have the F150 totalled to get the MINI, but the stars lined up right and a big ol' Buick found the front of the truck. With the truck paid off, it was MINI search mode "on" and we ordered our Clubby. With the daughter chils getting her license soon, it looks like we might become a three MINI family. Sounds like a good reason to get a Cabrio!

I went to the dealership with intent to trade in the R56 cooper (auto) since I felt it needs more horses. ... but the works cars is just soo much FUN! :motor::

We are a single mini family for now, but I can confirm the JCW is, well, totally freakin awesome! You will love it so much, you won't have regrets. I waited about 2 years before I got my mini. Even though I've had it since July, I still walk out to the garage to grab some supplies and come back in amazed that I have a mini in the garage. Totally cool.

At our house, the SUV we have has more than 110K miles (a lot for a GM product). Hopefully I can keep it on the road until the MC crossover comes into the States. Then perhaps we'll join you. The Mrs. drove a Clubman and loved it, but saw more barriers than opportunities. Maybe a couple more times at the dealer will foster that along a little bit too.

Good luck, enjoy the buy!

"Skylar" -2009 JCW Hard Top. See my Mondo-Minis page for more.

Sorry for the rant but I just want to hear others opinion and what you would do if you were in my shoes... :questionmark:

I just saw this post ...so sorry for the dealy in answering ..

Too much of anything is never enough .. or in MINIology terms :

Too many MINIs is NEVER enough ... :motor:

PS: we were very happy when were a 4 MINI family... :biggrin:

If you want JCW and a bit more room do what I did. 2009 JCW Clubman, my second mini since Febuary and loving it.

2009 MINI Clubman Factory JCW CR/B

Helix BOV, DDM CAI, Helix STS, 35% tint, Black R113 wheels, eibach pro kit, 8000K 55w HID's.

2006 MINI Cooper S PS/B 176 fwhp/ 165 fwtq SOLD

2004 Pontiac GTO BLK 389 rwhp / 454 rwtq SOLD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]