JAK

Mirror Caps

Hey DC Minis,

I'm a new Mini owner and would like to upgrade the look of my car.  Are mirror caps something that you should buy from and have installed by the dealer, or can you buy them from a website like Amazon and install them yourself?  

You input would be greatly appreciated,

JAK

3 hours ago, JAK said:

Hey DC Minis,

I'm a new Mini owner and would like to upgrade the look of my car.  Are mirror caps something that you should buy from and have installed by the dealer, or can you buy them from a website like Amazon and install them yourself?  

You input would be greatly appreciated,

JAK

Hi Jak, are you planning on adding a little flair by buying the stick on ones in a design or color, or do you plan to replace the entire mirror unit? 

Hi VP,  Yes, I'm very interested in adding some flair (black jack), but there's just something a little fishy with the stick-on ones.  I was hoping I could get new caps that are an actual replacement for the plain white ones that I already have.  I heard that the stick-on ones cover up the Mini light logo on the driver's side.  It's a brand new car -  I can't give that up!

Any of the Miniacs have experience replacing mirror caps and where to buy real Mini parts?

JAK

8 hours ago, JAK said:

Hi VP,  Yes, I'm very interested in adding some flair (black jack), but there's just something a little fishy with the stick-on ones.  I was hoping I could get new caps that are an actual replacement for the plain white ones that I already have.  I heard that the stick-on ones cover up the Mini light logo on the driver's side.  It's a brand new car -  I can't give that up!

Any of the Miniacs have experience replacing mirror caps and where to buy real Mini parts?

JAK

I've done the stick on door handles but they stuck out a bit too much for me so I eventually replaced the entire handle with real MINI door handles, (Thank you YouTube). But I don't have experience with the stick on mirror caps, hopefully someone else will chime in! I do know that you can find the stick on caps with the holes in them so that the MINI logo still shines.

I hope you enjoy your new MINI!

~Lorri

On 11/11/2023 at 7:13 AM, JAK said:

JAK

Her is a video, replacing the cap is very easy. 

You can buy from MINI, or several of the vendors that sponsors our recent event sell them like MINIMania.com or OutMotoring.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hx7FfHOLts

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels