1975_mini

Autocross event in 2024

We held our first autocross school this year, and the event was a great success. It gave many of our MINIacs the opportunity to experience closed course performance driving for the first time. The event gave all that participated a better understanding of the handling of their MINI, and a few caught the competitive bug to take part in NCC autocross' MINI class this season.

We would like to host a similar event again in 2024, but would like your input. Please take a few minutes and give us your feed back on the below questions to allow us to tailor the event to be another great success.

What format would you be interested in?

-School: practicing individual elements with instruction (AM session), and then tie all those elements into a full course (PM session)

- Practice: A course layout with continuous runs during a AM and PM session. Instructor available for ride-alongs.

- Competitive event: We could block off a set number of spots at one of NCC's competitive events for members to compete.

- Other: share you thoughts

Are there other closed course events that you would be interested in?

• Like 1

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

(I'm biased, I help run the events, but my two cents below) 

It seems to me like it'd be harder to fill a full school a second year in a row, so I think a test & tune / practice style event would work best. It gets the most seat time while accommodating both new and returning participants.

• Like 1