1975_mini

Who is going???

Hey all, 

I did a quick scan of the "who's going" section on the MOTD page and saw we have a few DCMMers signed up. So who all is going? In the past we have done things like a club dinner one night, and it is always good to make sure everyone is set up for success. Let hit they key points.

Who?

When are you arriving?

Where are you staying?

Is it your first time?

Did you sign up for any of the registration events (welcome dinner, bingo, draggin dragons, farewell dinner)?

Are there any runs you a excited to do?

Any Questions you may have?

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

I'll start:

Who? Corey and Brandy

When are you arriving? We get in on Sunday Apr 30th. Week make a week of it, and help with early setup

Where are you staying? We have a cabin in Fontana Village, all are welcome to use it as a hang out/regroup spot.

Is it your first time? We are old hats at this 

Did you sign up for any of the registration events (welcome dinner, bingo, draggin dragons, farewell dinner)? We are signed up for Bingo (we host this event with our other cabin members) and also have both have spots in the draggin dragons

Are there any runs you a excited to do? Well my favorite run it the Hellbender to Franklin (To Hell & Back), but that because I lead that run on Friday. Another run we never miss is the Skillet Run on Thursday morning. This is a early start but drive right through the Great smokie mountains national park (with a high likelihood of an elk spotting)

Any Questions you may have? No questions from us, but happy to answer any questions you may have.

• Like 1

1975Mini001.jpg

Who? Haemish (solo this time - wife & daughter are staying home)

When are you arriving? Sunday Apr 30th - staying all week through Sunday May 7th

Where are you staying? Cabin in Fontana Village.

Is it your first time? Nope! This will be my 16th one. I attended every year from 2005 through 2019, but this is my first post-pandemic MOTD.

Did you sign up for any of the registration events (welcome dinner, bingo, draggin dragons, farewell dinner)? Welcome dinner, Bingo, and Farewell dinner. Not the Draggin dragons, but I may attend the Cabin crawl.

Are there any runs you a excited to do? I didn't sign up for any organized runs before most of them filled up. I may tag along on some if space opens up, but otherwise I'll probably do some unorganized impromptu runs - either solo or with fellow motorers, and otherwise have a fairly low-key visit (I really need the downtime anyway, with my high stress job and busy family life).

Any Questions you may have? Same as Corey & Brandy - I'm an old hat at this too, but I'm also happy to help anyone or answer any questions as needed!

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Who? Ross, unfortunately Wife won't be able to make despite being registered 

When are you arriving? Tuesday evening-ish

Where are you staying? Lodge

Is it your first time? Nope :) 

Did you sign up for any of the registration events (welcome dinner, bingo, draggin dragons, farewell dinner)? Bingo, Farewell Dinner

Are there any runs you a excited to do? Always excited for the Dragon in general, but the Penitentiary and Devils Traingle is a new one for me. 

Any Questions you may have? is there a convoy going down...if so when? Also, for Corey... can I squeeze into the Roots and Barrel run? 

On 4/25/2023 at 4:45 PM, Donross said:

Corey... can I squeeze into the Roots and Barrel run? 

I am a hot ticket, filled up in 20 minutes this year and you thing you can just jump in. LOL Absolutely, you are welcome Ross. Unfortunately, the restaurant closed down two weeks ago. so we will be defaulting to our previous restaurant in Franklin, Cafe Rel.

• Like 1

1975Mini001.jpg

14 hours ago, 1975_mini said:

Absolutely, you are welcome Ross. Unfortunately, the restaurant closed down two weeks ago. so we will be defaulting to our previous restaurant in Franklin, Cafe Rel.

You are a hot something ;) lol. Thanks. I'll see you all there.

• Haha 1