Mand00

F60 Countryman S: Thinking about a JB4 or Dinan Elite

I'd like to get more performance and it looks like a JB4 or the Dinan Elite are good options. Any thoughts on which one I should go with? I've already read that the Dinan gives smooth power delivery (feeling like stock). Is the JB4 also as smooth? I've done research into both and it seems people who choose Dinan bash the JB4 and vice versa. 

I haven't yet looked into tuners, as I want to upgrade my brakes and suspension before I add more power, but I'm going to follow this discussion for future informational purposes. :D

Also, you need to post a good picture of your F60 so we can all see what it looks like! :)  And I have to ask, Mand00....??? Star Wars related, or something else?

Reconsider using a piggyback system like the Dinan or JB4. I just got Lilli back from GT Peace for serious driveability issues due to the Dinan Dinantronix I had on the car for 3 years. It failed. The Dinan Elite is around $700 last time I looked at it. GT Peace is now doing remapping ($700-$1000 depending on model) on Gen 3 cars that typically works much better than a piggyback system. Call Galen and discuss your car with him and what it will do. I likely will have the remap done eventually, but after remodeling a kitchen, I'm a little tapped out right now....

• Like 1

2017 F54 ALL4 Clubman S "Beer Wagon" 

Digital Blue Sport Package w/ LEDs & cornering lights, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Stealth Mode, 6-Spd. Manual Trans, Vegan Leather, Cravenspeed Short Shifter w/ Yoda Shift Cap, NM Engineering 25mm GT rear Swaybar & End Links, Chassis Bones Braces, Mirrors that fold w/ the push of a button, Spare Tire.

13 minutes ago, Gearhead60 said:

Reconsider using a piggyback system like the Dinan or JB4. I just got Lilli back from GT Peace for serious driveability issues due to the Dinan Dinantronix I had on the car for 3 years. It failed. The Dinan Elite is around $700 last time I looked at it. GT Peace is now doing remapping ($700-$1000 depending on model) on Gen 3 cars that typically works much better than a piggyback system. Call Galen and discuss your car with him and what it will do. I likely will have the remap done eventually, but after remodeling a kitchen, I'm a little tapped out right now....

I've read that an ECU flash is the best way to go. I just don't know any shops in the area that do good work since I'm pretty new to driving a Mini/BMW. I'll reach out to Galen to see what my options are. Thanks for the suggestion!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mand00 said:

I just don't know any shops in the area that do good work since I'm pretty new to driving a Mini/BMW. I'll reach out to Galen to see what my options are. Thanks for the suggestion!

I was very impressed with their professionalism and knowledge. Especially Galen. This was the first time I've used GT Peace. I usually do all my own maintenance and repairs. Been working on cars for 40+ years. This was the first time it was beyond my capabilities. Since car is out of warranty I wasn't going back to the dealer. I had talked to Galen when I first bought the car and at that time there wasn't the ability to remap the Gen 3. I will definitely have them do a remap on my car in the future. BTW, I used PT Tuning, another DCMM vendor and was not happy or impressed with their level of service. I won't go back to them. Good luck!

2017 F54 ALL4 Clubman S "Beer Wagon" 

Digital Blue Sport Package w/ LEDs & cornering lights, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Stealth Mode, 6-Spd. Manual Trans, Vegan Leather, Cravenspeed Short Shifter w/ Yoda Shift Cap, NM Engineering 25mm GT rear Swaybar & End Links, Chassis Bones Braces, Mirrors that fold w/ the push of a button, Spare Tire.