Jump to content
1975_mini

Possible AutoX in 2021

Recommended Posts

The club is always looking for new ways to bring members together while giving them opportunities to the experience the capabilities and performance of their MINIs. Though we enjoy our MINIs on the great twisty roads that are in the area, to truely experience the handling of your MINI requires a closed course environment. Though a race track may be a bit daunting for many, AutoX is a great opportunity to push you and your MINI's abilities in a controlled environment. There are some great AutoX groups in the area, and we are considering reaching out to work with them to support a MINI series.

We would love to here if you would be interested in participating in these events, just comment below. If you have experience with attending autoX events, we would love to talk to you about your experiences. Please send a message to Corey (@1975_MINI) or just say drop me a line below.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Michael and I are possibly interested. 

One of the reasons we stopped going to BMW NCC events is that most of them were in Waldorf and that is 70 miles each way for us, making for a VERY long day. They were a great group for beginners when I started. I know there has been a lot of turnover within the organization, so I'm not sure what it's like now. 

Michael autocrossed with CDC and really liked them. We both liked the format of their events and that they had events in Frederick a couple of times a year. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I did AutoX last year in El Paso with both the SCCA and Boderlands racing.  I also had a track day at ASR in New Mexico.  Did helmets to heros at Summit Point after moving here.  Hoping for more AutoX and possibly track in the future.  This year I have volunteered to work with VETMotorsports as well.  Hopefully we can have some fun this year.  Tomorrow I am switching out my rear sway bar to a 25mm thanks to the $600 stimulus.

Edited by Garrett
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

NCC just announced their 2021 calendar. I'm planning to sign up for the season, unless anyone has recommendations for a different series.

Full text since I don't see it on their website or Facebook yet.

---

All,

We hope the New Year finds you well.  We are excited to announce our Season Schedule for 2021.  This year we are going to hold 1 Test and Tune, and 5 Points Events.  This year we will re-institute the season Points/Championship (more details to be posted later).  All events this year will be held at Summit Point Motorsports Park.

NCC Autocross is back for the 2021 Season, and Mark5 Racing joins RRT Racing (RRTRacing.com) as our program sponsors.

Due to the continuing COVID-19 situation, we are (1) not holding a novice school this year and (2) we are continuing the suspension of our loaner helmet program.

The 2021 Season Schedule is as follows:

2021 Autocross dates:

April 10  (Summit Point, Washington Circuit) - Test and Tune
May 1  (Summit Point, Washington Circuit) - Points Event #1
June 26 (Summit Point, Potomac Circuit) - Points Event #2
August 14 (Summit Point, Washington Circuit) - Points Event #3
September 11 (Summit Point, Washington Circuit) - Points Event #4
October 2 (Summit Point, Washington Circuit) - Points Event #5

Season Subscriptions:

Season Subscriptions (Points Events)- $115 for AM or PM session/ $215 for all day session
Season subscribers save the cost of their membership by buying the season
Season Subscribers are guaranteed their number for the whole season
Season Subscriptions require a BMWCCA membership
Season subscriptions are for all 5 Points events and do not include entry to the Test and Tune or School

Reply to this email for season subscription signups with: Car (in MSReg), Car number (top 3 choices) and Class
Individual Event Fees:

Test and Tune - $100
All Points Events - $35 AM or PM session/$55 all day session (BMW CCA Members)
Non- Members $45/$65 respectively

Link to post
Share on other sites

I  have signed up for the SCCA runs this year at Summit Point.  I see the NCC is a BMW club.  Do that have any issues with Mini's in their group (I realize its a BMW but some people are purists)?  Do they run off the SCCA rules? They seem a bit lower cost then the SCCA, I might be tempted to run both SCCA and NCC.

 

On 1/23/2021 at 8:48 PM, Egadd said:

NCC just announced their 2021 calendar. I'm planning to sign up for the season, unless anyone has recommendations for a different series.

Full text since I don't see it on their website or Facebook yet.

---

All,

We hope the New Year finds you well.  We are excited to announce our Season Schedule for 2021.  This year we are going to hold 1 Test and Tune, and 5 Points Events.  This year we will re-institute the season Points/Championship (more details to be posted later).  All events this year will be held at Summit Point Motorsports Park.

NCC Autocross is back for the 2021 Season, and Mark5 Racing joins RRT Racing (RRTRacing.com) as our program sponsors.

Due to the continuing COVID-19 situation, we are (1) not holding a novice school this year and (2) we are continuing the suspension of our loaner helmet program.

The 2021 Season Schedule is as follows:

2021 Autocross dates:

April 10  (Summit Point, Washington Circuit) - Test and Tune
May 1  (Summit Point, Washington Circuit) - Points Event #1
June 26 (Summit Point, Potomac Circuit) - Points Event #2
August 14 (Summit Point, Washington Circuit) - Points Event #3
September 11 (Summit Point, Washington Circuit) - Points Event #4
October 2 (Summit Point, Washington Circuit) - Points Event #5

Season Subscriptions:

Season Subscriptions (Points Events)- $115 for AM or PM session/ $215 for all day session
Season subscribers save the cost of their membership by buying the season
Season Subscribers are guaranteed their number for the whole season
Season Subscriptions require a BMWCCA membership
Season subscriptions are for all 5 Points events and do not include entry to the Test and Tune or School

Reply to this email for season subscription signups with: Car (in MSReg), Car number (top 3 choices) and Class
Individual Event Fees:

Test and Tune - $100
All Points Events - $35 AM or PM session/$55 all day session (BMW CCA Members)
Non- Members $45/$65 respectively

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Garrett said:

I  have signed up for the SCCA runs this year at Summit Point.  I see the NCC is a BMW club.  Do that have any issues with Mini's in their group (I realize its a BMW but some people are purists)?  Do they run off the SCCA rules? They seem a bit lower cost then the SCCA, I might be tempted to run both SCCA and NCC.

 

 

NCC accepts all entries, BMW, Mini, or other. They have 6 classes for BMWs, 5 dedicated MINI classes, and then a few "other" classes. The current attendee list is split about 50-50 between BMW and non-BMW. I'm currently the only MINI.

The MINI classes are explained here: http://nccautocross.com/about/vehicle-classing/mini-vehicle-classing/. I'll be running in the S2 class.

This is my first year running with them though, so I only know what they have online. I think some other people have been before and might know more.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I see.  Looking them over I would be as well.  Going to look at the dates vs. the SCCA dates I am already on.  More then likely I could attend both.  I would be S2 as well.  F 56S with a rear sway bar change, aftermarket rims with 215/45R17 RE 71Rs,  Would be good to see you out there.  I have some friends who are interested in AutoX as well, so might drag them along.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Garrett said:

I see.  Looking them over I would be as well.  Going to look at the dates vs. the SCCA dates I am already on.  More then likely I could attend both.  I would be S2 as well.  F 56S with a rear sway bar change, aftermarket rims with 215/45R17 RE 71Rs,  Would be good to see you out there.  I have some friends who are interested in AutoX as well, so might drag them along.

That'd be great. It's fun on your own, but so much better with a few folks you know. I'll post back here a few weeks before the first points event to see who all's coming.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Egadd,

I had to wait till this month to sign up for the  NCC (money/bills and all that).  Anyway I am now signed up for all the runs this year.  I am also in all the runs with the SCCA and aiming for 3 trackcross runs as well.  Looks like I should just rent a room in Summit Point.  Anyway, look forward to this year, should be good fun.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Garrett said:

@Egadd,

I had to wait till this month to sign up for the  NCC (money/bills and all that).  Anyway I am now signed up for all the runs this year.  I am also in all the runs with the SCCA and aiming for 3 trackcross runs as well.  Looks like I should just rent a room in Summit Point.  Anyway, look forward to this year, should be good fun.

Awesome, looking forward to meeting and autocrossing with you!

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Egadd,

Just want to let you know that while I will be at Summit Point on April 10th, I will not be at the BMW CCA's test and tune.  I am doing the Trackcross Series that day, on the Jefferson circuit (1st time there, should be interesting).   I will be at the next event on May 1st.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Garrett said:

@Egadd,

Just want to let you know that while I will be at Summit Point on April 10th, I will not be at the BMW CCA's test and tune.  I am doing the Trackcross Series that day, on the Jefferson circuit (1st time there, should be interesting).   I will be at the next event on May 1st.

 

Thanks for the heads up. I'm also not going to the Test and Tune. My first event will be on May 1st as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...