oldtee

Trunk thinking for itself

13 minutes ago, oldtee said:

2019 convertible.  Mini cooper.  At random times I find my trunk has unlocked.  Is this a unique to my car problem or does  it happen to other cars.

I have a 2019 4 door, the boot will seem shut and then I get the light saying it isn't shut. I have gotten the light after leaving the house and the light wasn't on when I left, which always confuses me since it was fine and then it's telling me it's open. Is that what you mean or do you mean the locks are unlocking when you're not with the car and you left it locked?

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Common issue with the F54 Clubmans. I found it happened when my key fob was in my pocket. The right movement pressed the unlock button. Key now is always in the console when I'm driving......

2017 F54 ALL4 Clubman S "Beer Wagon" 

Digital Blue Sport Package w/ LEDs & cornering lights, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Stealth Mode, 6-Spd. Manual Trans, Vegan Leather, Cravenspeed Short Shifter w/ Yoda Shift Cap, NM Engineering 25mm GT rear Swaybar & End Links, Chassis Bones Braces, Mirrors that fold w/ the push of a button, Spare Tire.