TGGRRR (Ali)

New MINI question

I paired my Samsung Galaxy S8 with my new 2019 F55 and it's working fine except I noticed that when I run Waze I don't get any sound directions from the phone. In my Countryman I did the same thing and would get sounds from the phone but not though the car's sound system. 

I don't care how I hear sounds but I do want to hear directions. Any ideas?

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

13 hours ago, TGGRRR (Ali) said:

I paired my Samsung Galaxy S8 with my new 2019 F55 and it's working fine except I noticed that when I run Waze I don't get any sound directions from the phone. In my Countryman I did the same thing and would get sounds from the phone but not though the car's sound system. 

I don't care how I hear sounds but I do want to hear directions. Any ideas?

Do you get sound from anything else on your phone, aside from phone calls? The reason I ask is that my car is the same way and it turns out you have to have MINI Connected or Enhanced Bluetooth to pair your phone for media purposes through Bluetooth, otherwise you just get phone calls. 

I ended up buying a Harmon Kardon bluetooth hub that plugs into the Aux port and run all my media through there. I also believe the audio is superior in my car with this method. I've paired my phone for media in loaners and the audio isn't as strong. The negative here is that if you have the full screen in your dash, you don't get album art on that screen, only on your phone's screen and you cannot control the media from your steering wheel controls aside from volume.

signature-final.png

I don't know if I get other sound, I didn't try anything else. I don't listen to music on my phone.

Jeff told me to use MINI connected I have to plug the phone into the USB directly which I didn't try yet.

We might need to get together and maybe you can help me figure out the car better.

Tggrrr010.jpg

With Waze you might need to go into the settings in the APP and choose Bluetooth for the sound output. It's a little screwy sometimes but I know on my 2017 it comes through the speakers if I hit all the right buttons :)

• Like 1

2017 F54 ALL4 Clubman S "Beer Wagon" 

Digital Blue Sport Package w/ LEDs & cornering lights, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Stealth Mode, 6-Spd. Manual Trans, Vegan Leather, Cravenspeed Short Shifter w/ Yoda Shift Cap, NM Engineering 25mm GT rear Swaybar & End Links, Chassis Bones Braces, Mirrors that fold w/ the push of a button, Spare Tire.

54 minutes ago, Gearhead60 said:

With Waze you might need to go into the settings in the APP and choose Bluetooth for the sound output. It's a little screwy sometimes but I know on my 2017 it comes through the speakers if I hit all the right buttons :)

I think I found it "Play sound to phone" 

• Like 1

Tggrrr010.jpg